News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

FAX T.38

Started by rabbitman, August 30, 2012, 07:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fathom

Thanks Billt928.

Applied most of your settings (used callcentric.com instead of srv.callcentric.com and left the original DigiMap).

As replied on another thread, T.38 now working for me via Brother MFC-395W fax machine to Obi 202 via Callcentric (their free outgoing pay per use service) to work (we use XMediusfax, T.38). Trial on 5pages 225sec fax.

Billt928

Changing ReInviteExpires from 10 to 15 seems to have also helped alot

Mango

Excellent!  Thanks for letting us know!

pc44

Thanks Billt928,

This is very helpful information!!

It's terrific to know that users are now successful with T.38 on the 202.

Thanks again,
pc44

jeetco

Would this solution also work with Anveo?

Thanks.

OBiSupport

The OBi202 works with Anveo T.38 services.

DaveKaye

I also used Billt928 recommendations and got my fax to work with Obi and CC.  Reps to Bill.  However, I did not enter a Public IP address (not sure what that means. I use Comcast and my IP address can change - especially if I reboot the modem and my Fax machine IP address is non rout-able 192.168..... ) . I disabled all the codecs but the two in the config.  I don't understand why I had to disable the T38 codec as per the instructions.  I also carefully went through all the menu choices for my Brother MFC fax and made sure everything was set correctly (Brother has a FAQ on VOIP and Fax).  I used the HP test number and was able to send a receive (1 page).  I seldom receive a fax, but on occasions I still have to send one. 

Billt928

Quote from: DaveKaye on January 02, 2013, 06:27:03 PM
I also used Billt928 recommendations and got my fax to work with Obi and CC.  Reps to Bill.  However, I did not enter a Public IP address (not sure what that means. I use Comcast and my IP address can change - especially if I reboot the modem and my Fax machine IP address is non rout-able 192.168..... ) . I disabled all the codecs but the two in the config.  I don't understand why I had to disable the T38 codec as per the instructions.  I also carefully went through all the menu choices for my Brother MFC fax and made sure everything was set correctly (Brother has a FAQ on VOIP and Fax).  I used the HP test number and was able to send a receive (1 page).  I seldom receive a fax, but on occasions I still have to send one. 

The brother test fax number only does G711

jeetco

I have not had success with Anveo and OBI202 for the purpose of faxing.  I am now trying Callcentric and will be using Billt928's "formula".  Having said that, can someone "translate" this digitmap please (I am digitmaps "challenged"):

(*xx.|*123|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1Your Area Code>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

I ask this--if I have to do any slight adjustments, then I know what the above digitmap means and what changes I am making!!

Thanks in advance...

ianobi

This probably beongs in a different thread, but here goes anyway:

*xx. Allow * followed by one digit, then by one or more digits. This gives access to all of CallCentric's Star Codes.
*123 Allow * followed by 123 (voicemail). The *xx. would also allow this!
**275*x. Allow any number of digits starting with **275* This gives access via the SIPBroker network.
[3469]11 Allow 311, 411, 611, 911 If you are not using this service provider for 911, then I would delete the "9" to avoid 911 calls routing this way by accident.
1xxxxxxxxxx Allow eleven digit numbers starting with "1".
<1 Your Area Code>[2-9]xxxxxx Allow any seven digit number starting with digits 2 throught to 9, then prepend "1" and your area code.
<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx Allow any ten digit number starting with digits 2 through to 9, then prepend "1".
011xx. Allow any number of digits starting with 011 (international calls).
xx. Allow any digit followed by any number of digits. This is a "catch-all" rule for any number that does not match any other rules.
(Mipd) User Defined DigitMap that allows SIP URI dialling from a telephone key pad. Does anyone ever use this?
[^*]@@. Allow any alphanumeric character except * followed by any number of any alphanumeric characters. Used for SIP URI dialling from speed dials etc. A better rule is [^*]@@.'@'@@.

I recommend deleting any rules that you will never use. Rules such as xx. and [^*]@@. accept any number as far as digits are concerned and can cause confusion.

dordal

FWIW, T.38 seems to be working out-of-the-box for me on most faxes with CallCentric.

I'm seeing the 'Audio Codec = tx=; rx=G711U' that Billt928 says means T.38 is enabled on MOST faxes I sent; oddly a few numbers have fallen back to G711U (but still went through).

I didn't do any of the configuration outlined by Billt928; I simply setup my OBi202 up with the default 'CallCentric' profile that Obi offers in the portal.

I'm on the latest firmware ( 3.0.1 (Build: 3741) ); my guess is that maybe the Obi people and the CallCentric people got together to get this working out of the box.

Needless to say I'm SUPER excited. Ten years of VOIP and I've never had reliable faxing until now (knock on wood).