News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Installation - No Line Lights LEDs

Started by Great_Oldies_DJ, March 26, 2013, 08:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Great_Oldies_DJ

Hi,

I tried to find the answer to this but didn't find anything.

I just received my Obi202 in the mail and started setting it up. I connected everything as directed but when I plug it in here is what is happening:

Power Light blinks for awhile then goes solid.
Internet Port light flashes indicating activity.
Line 1 and 2 Lights - Both come on briefly then go out.

I am getting a dial tone and successfully called the "222" number.

The initial setup was Modem Router Obi.

I tried Modem Obi Router and I thought that was going to be the answer.  The Line Lights stayed on a little longer (30 seconds) and then went out.

Should I be concerned about the Line Lights not being on?

Shale

Quote from: Great_Oldies_DJ on March 26, 2013, 08:15:25 AM

Should I be concerned about the Line Lights not being on?
I think so. Both of mine on my OBi202 are on.

From http://www.obihai.com/OBiAdminGuide.htm
QuoteSolid Green
   The phone is ready to be used:
-          If the Primary Line is SP1/SP2/OBiTALK, indicates the corresponding primary service is available.

I presume you are using OBiTalk. Click on the name that you gave your OBi on the OBi Dashboard:My OBi Endpoints
That gets you to Device Configuration for your OBi.
Check the services  in "Configure Voice Service Providers (SP)"  to see if services that you are using show as Connected or Registered. Below that, "Phone Port Configuration Summary" shows what services are associated with each phone port of the OBi202 or the the phone port otherwise..

Great_Oldies_DJ

Hi and thanks for the reply.  When I posted the question I had not yet gone to ObiTalk but I have since setup Google Voice and my main service. Just checked and both Line Lights are now on.