News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help needed for set up for a small medical office

Started by LIDERM, March 28, 2013, 09:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LIDERM

I have been using Obi110 for my home for a while and now I am interested to use OBI for my business office as well if it is reliable enough.

Here is my situation and I hope someone can help me with my setup. Currently I have two phone lines with cable company and there are four ATT 4-line phones though out the office. Whenever there is phone come in, all phone ring and whoever pick it up first get it. The two office numbers that people call are actually GV numbers that are forwarded to these "landlines". Now my questions is that if I want to ditch cable company phone service and replace them with Obi, how to set it up with least change of current behavior?

1. Should I use Obi100 or Obi202? I assume Obi202?
2. How many calls can simutaneously in session, i,e how many traditional "lines" do I have? I prefer 3 or more.
3. If there are two sessions ongoing already and 3rd phone come in, will it ring the Line 3 and Line 4 on my 4-line phones or it will still be call waiting on line 1 or 2?
4. Can I still transfer calls easily among these phones and intercom among these phones?

Thank you

Felix

hi LIDERM, and welcome to the forum!

There is a section "New to OBi" where most of your questions have already been answered. It would also help if you scan documentation (don't worry about the details of how to implement certain things - just what can you do with OBi).

For example, you can't "replace cable company phone service with Obi" - OBi is a device, not a service. Given that "people call actually GV numbers" you will probably want to replace cable company phone service with GV. Those may be details, but they are important for you to understand.

Some of your questions are not clear. For example, you have two lines and 4-line phones. Are only 2 lines on the phone in service?

What is your definition of "session"? If receptionist is talking to person A, and person B called, and receptionist put A on hold, and switched to B - is it one session or two? Traditional line came with call waiting.

You say you currently have 2 lines, but then you say you prefer 3 or more.

Thank a little bit about your questions, do some search and come back! Good luck :)

Clinic802

Small office here also,.
Set up is such. & if someone could suggest changes to make it better, plz plz.

GV -> OBi -> CC free # {caller id} ->SPA2102 -> analog phones.
cons: first one to pick up has to finesh conversation unless put on hold.
cons: can't use IP phones, haven't figured out OBi-plus.
cons: maybe Pbx box or software is more appropriate as the technical language is for learned users.

pro: get caller id.
pro: relatively inexpensive to use. nearly every office has some phone hardware lying around.
ps: check out officeally.com, low montly cost & free PM. I use this & will be glad to help.