News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Yet another SIP Scanner X_InboundCallRoute string Question

Started by Hortoristic, March 20, 2013, 04:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hortoristic

When I set: X_InboundCallRoute: {(?|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx):},{ph}

It's not allowing my work (which uses PBX) to ring the house line - as my work phone shows up with no caller ID or Name - it's just blank.

My call history shows when my settings are default as: "X_InboundCallRoute: ph"
as: "From SP2()"

How can I change my X_InboundCallRoute string to allow through blank callers - is removing the "?" enough?

Would it be: X_InboundCallRoute: {(x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx):},{ph}

Also; just to clarify - the above string is saying block any single number, any double number, any triple number on up to any series of 6 numbers, right?

ianobi

QuoteWould it be: X_InboundCallRoute: {(x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx):},{ph}

Also; just to clarify - the above string is saying block any single number, any double number, any triple number on up to any series of 6 numbers, right?

Yes, right on all counts. "?" matches no CallerID, that is it shows blank in OBi Peer Number. Removing it from the blocking rule will allow calls with no CallerID into the OBi.

Some voip and PSTN providers if they receive a call with no CallerID will forward that call with a CallerID of "unknown" or "anonymous". As far as the OBi is concerned that means Peer Number is not blank, therefore it will not block that call. Other posts have dealt with that situation.