News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Configuration Service

Started by Hortoristic, March 21, 2013, 09:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hortoristic

Hey- some of you smart OBI folks should offer a tune up service where a simple guy like me can pay $9.99 or so to configure and review all my settings.

Although I've enjoyed figuring out how to add more SP's, E911, 1 to many DID's, messing with pattern matching to stop SIP scanners - it gets to a point where I would be quite happy, if the price was right, to just let some of you really smart guys review my settings and make minor adjustments.

Some challenges would be access - whereas my settings are behind passwords and available to anyone on the internet, other folks might just be using the portal - and have too much paranoia to be giving out credentials.  I certainly would have a problem to "temporarily" give someone access - or maybe it's just about backing up the configuration file, sending it to you, then sending it back with instructions how to replace our existing one - but still to properly debug; there would need to be some sharing of passwords. 

Ostracus

Paging RonR! ;D Actually I'm surprised he hasn't already done so. Clearly there's a demand.

QBZappy

Hortoristic,

Go over to the DSL Reports site and download RonR to your desktop. Play around with his Configurator app and compare with your own design. I'm thinking perhaps it may not be able to come up with setups which are too complex. You seem to have specific needs.

My vote is on ianobi. He is the reigning active dial plan guru on this board. I heard through the grapevine that if you offer him a Canadian beer, he'll review anything. Don't make the mistake of offering him an American beer. The last guy that made this mistake is still trying to figure out why his phone rings at 2:00 am everyday.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ianobi

QBZappy,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I do make mistakes and here they are very public, but that's ok, usually they are pointed out by others - mostly politely! If you are buying the beer, please make mine English  :)

DigitMaps are often very personal and need crafting to the needs of that household. RonR's configurator works fine for the general setups and is worth a look to compare with what you already have.

My best advice is to dump the rules that you don't need. They complicate DigitMaps and can slow things down. For example, xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@. are often found in GV digit maps where they are of no use at all.