News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 + Anveo + 2 phone #s . . .one works, one does not?

Started by bigdave, March 27, 2013, 03:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdave

Hi,

I live in Mexico much of the time.
I have an OBi202.
I have purchased two U.S. phone numbers thru Anveo. One with the 619 area code and the other in the 949 area code. The 949 number was purchased via a sub account at Anveo per directions to get SIP

The 619 number makes phone calls perfectly.
The 949 number when I attempt to make a call I get a message, it says "configure a 911 # before making call"
I do not need a 911 number in Mexico.
I have a Mexican phone through Telnor which is the national phone company in Mexico. On that service I have the equivalent of 911 service which is 066 in Mexico.

It doesn't matter what I do on the OBi202 settings or in the Anveo dashboard on the 949 number I still get the message to configure a 911 before making call. I've tried checking boxes un checking boxes etc.
It makes no difference.

Now I'm guessing that the recording is coming from Anveo but I cannot be absolutely certain.

Anyway all I want at this time is to be able to use both phone numbers to make calls and receive calls. One is for my wife & one is for me
Don't need 911 or 066 emergency call service already have that on my land line in Mexico.

Any insights advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

hwittenb

You must have answered that the U.S. was your place of residence:

"You can not opt-out if you have indicated that you are residing in USA or Canada."
https://www.anveo.com/faq.asp?code=faq_e911

bigdave

I'll have to check and see.
Think I put down MX but will make sure.
My Credit Card address is in the U.S.A. however.
Thanks
Dave