News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Differences in behavior of loading a backup configuration through ObiTalk

Started by larrybob, March 28, 2013, 10:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrybob

Today I  uploaded a saved configuration using a windows computer, and internet explorer. It was super easy!
After I uploaded the configuration, I entered the expert area. There was a red ! next to all the fields that had new code. when I clicked to remove the check box on "use ObiTALK settings" the code from the saved configuration was instantly loaded on the fields that had been modified. All I had to then do was click the submit button on the bottom of each page affected.

Tonight, I am using a MAC with FireFox. Things work differently. Now, I have to use a two step process.
If I first upload the configuration file, the red ! appear next to all the fields that will have new code. Just like with the windows computer. However, when I remove the check box on "use ObiTalk  boxes", no new code is loaded!!!

Now I have a two step process.
1) remove all the check marks on the fields that will have new code inserted.  Hit the submit button for each page affected. Unlike using windows 7 with internet explorer. THE NEW CODE IS NOT INSTANTLY LOADED!!

2)load the configuration A SECOND TIME to correctly load all the new code changes.

It was great to have been able to first load the new configuration, then watch the code change as I deselected the check box for ObiTalk!

Is this different behavior due to internet explorer vs Firefox, or windows 7 vs MAC , or a combination of the two?

Which browsers with which operating systems will instantly load the code directly into the fields that have been modified with a backup configuration, after the check mark is De-selected for using ObiTALK ?

I hope this question makes sense to someone :)

Thanks again to any clarification you can supply.

Larry