News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Remote access = blank config pages on OBi100!!!

Started by aczu, March 28, 2013, 05:55:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aczu

When I access my OBi100 remotely, all the configuration pages on the right are completely blank (i.e. white, no text, nothing!!)  Local access within the LAN works fine.

I see Setup Wizard, Status, System Management, etc. in the left pane.  Clicking on any of those reveals the sub-menu, but clicking on any of the specific sub-menu items like SP1 Service, SIP, RTP, etc. does not display the corresponding configuration options on the right side of the page.  There is no text displayed whatsoever on the right side of the page.

The ONLY exception to this is the Call Status, Call History and Device Update.  These display properly.

The OBi is behind a Linksys WRT54GL router running Tomato, with port-forwarding on as follows.

On   Proto   Src Address   Ext Ports   Int Port   Int Address     Description
On   TCP                   80                     192.168.2.100   OBi100 web admin

The OBi has the latest published firmware 1.3.0-2774 installed.

Any suggestions or advice to get remote access working or is this a known issue?

QBZappy

aczu,

Welcome,

Every once in a while there seems to be a browser compatibility issue. You may need to try another browser in the mean time.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Shale

aczu

Thanks for the suggestions.

I was using Chromium 25.  Chrome 26 also displayed blank pages  Iceweasel 10 displayed error messages, typically an XML Parsing error.  I'll keep trying  :)

Shale

Quote from: aczu on March 28, 2013, 08:18:26 PM

I was using Chromium 25.  Chrome 26 also displayed blank pages  Iceweasel 10 displayed error messages, typically an XML Parsing error.  I'll keep trying  :)

Well,I guess that covers a spectrum of browsers, but maybe you could try Firefox or IE also.

aczu

Quote from: Shale on March 28, 2013, 09:44:38 PM
Quote from: aczu on March 28, 2013, 08:18:26 PM

Well,I guess that covers a spectrum of browsers, but maybe you could try Firefox or IE also.

I use Debian Linux, and Iceweasel is a rebranded version of Firefox.  I happened to have IE6 on WinXP in virtualbox, so I tried it and it didn't work either.  Right now I don't feel like going through the process of upgrading my WinXP image - I only keep it for upgrading firmware of a couple of devices that don't support Linux.  I also tried Opera and it's a no-go too - invalid XSLT stylesheet errors everywhere.

So, I think I'll try a remote desktop approach and see if that works.  Thanks for the suggestions.

Shale

I just tried using NoScript on Firefox to disable scripting to the OBi, and that hoses the right side. I don't think it needs Java, but it apparently needs some scripting to work. The right side is not blank but it appears as a bunch of non-informative text.

QBZappy

Try this:
The Browser Sandbox lets you run any browser instantly from the web in an isolated virtual environment.

http://spoon.net/browsers/

Edit: Realized you run Linux. Spoon.net won't work for you.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

QBZappy

aczu,

In your case you might try installing a portable browser in your WinXP in virtualbox. No installation required.
http://mozilla-firefox-portable.en.uptodown.com/old

giqcass

Try putting it in the DMZ temporarily for testing purposes.
Long live our new ObiLords!

Felix

For me it wasn't browser compatibility, but the page just timed out (especially if you occasionally see XML Parsing error). One time the problem disappeared when I enabled popups. Other time, I rebooted adapter (I realize - it's hard when you are remote ;) ). Last, I remoted into one of machines on the network, and accessed "from LAN". I don't have an explanation, but these kluges seem to help

That's one big reason why I prefer to do as much as I can through the portal.