News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Could my obi port be dead?

Started by greggk, March 24, 2013, 12:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greggk

I have two obi 110s.  I'm having issues with one of them at a remote location. The Phone port on that device is showing Off Hook even though there is a phone connected to it and the phone seems to be OK. On the port status is shows:
Off Hook
LoopCurrent 20mA
VBAT 17V (12V)
TipRingVoltage 5v

I have done everything I could think of, even resetting the device which now displays in my obitalk admin page as online-unmanaged. Could the phone port for any reason have gone bad? The device is maybe 6 months old. What else can I try to get that port working? Or if I can't get the port working, is there a way to convert the LINE port to a phone port in the settings? I have no use for the line port I'm only using google voice.
Any suggestions is appreciated.

Shale

Unplug the phone from the Phone jack. If the status voltages go up a lot, replace the phone.

If they do not, swap power supplies with the other OBi110. If the status voltages go up a lot, replace the power supply.

Otherwise replace the OBi110.

greggk

When I remove the phone from the port the voltage doesn't seem to change.

greggk

It looks like that port on the obi is bad. When I take the phone port out, immediately on the phone is says 2 missed calls, as soon as I re connect it to the obi it says "Line in use"

Shale

Those two seem to be contradictory. If the phone is plugged in on-hook, why does OBi even recognize that? An on-hook phone should pretty much  be an open circuit.

And when you unplug the phone from the OBi," the voltage doesn't seem to change". I interpreted this as you looking at the OBi local status web page , refreshed the web page and then saw the voltage shown on the web page to be the same as before you unplugged the phone.

I suggest you re-test.

greggk

Well, I got a replacement OBi and it does seem that the old one must have gone bad some how.
I got it to work, uploaded my configuration, got GV to work on it, but I have one issue.
Under obitalk, it shows it's online and working, all green, however if I edit it in expert, I cannot get a status report of the device, it says something like cannot retrieve requested information from the device now, try again later.
When I go to the device status page locally I see the SP1 is working and connected, but on the OBi talk service it says Backing off.  I have another obi that is just fine, it's just this one that says backing off.  The GV line works fine, but I can't call from obi to obi for example, or from my iphone app to that particular obi.