News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anonymous Call Rejection

Started by rjm65, March 29, 2013, 01:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjm65

Normally with caller ID on our landline we were able to hit *77 and activate Anonymous call rejection which would block all private and unknown calls that had their caller ID Blocked from displaying!
Is there a way to get this feature using the obi-202 and google voice???
[/color]

rjm65

Quote from: rjm65 on March 29, 2013, 01:34:32 PM
Normally with caller ID on our landline we were able to hit *77 and activate Anonymous call rejection which would block all private and unknown calls that had their caller ID Blocked from displaying!
Is there a way to get this feature using the obi-202 and google voice???
[/color]

I tried *77 and it does work on blocked calls they get your google voice greeting which i guess i can change to say i don't accept blocked calls on my line....

RFord

What I did on my OBi110 was to setup another GV number and record a message (a gan one) saying that this number does not accept calls from blocked or unknown numbers.  I recorded this message about 5 times in a row.  I also enable "Do Not Disturb" on this GV Number.

I then setup the inbound call route on my main GV number to divert all anonymous/unknown numbers to this GV number.  After awhile, I notice few to none of these calls.

SPx Service >>> Parameter Name >>> X_InboundCallRoute >>>....,{?:spx(1ABCddddddd)},........, where 1ABCddddddd is the number of the 2nd GV number.  You could divert these calls to other numbers also.