News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Transfer from IP phone to PH

Started by bruss, August 01, 2011, 09:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bruss

Is it possible to xfer a call you answered on the vg(iphone) connected to obi to the ph port? I can call the phone port from my ip phone but i cant xfer the call.

RonR

I can conference/transfer calls from the PHONE Port to the PAP2 without any problems.

I can conference calls from the PAP2 to the PHONE Port, but if I then hang up the PAP2 (transfer), the call is dropped.

Mango

At the risk of resurrecting this thread, I'm trying to do the same thing.

I've configured my OBi110 to route incoming calls to my IP phone.  But sometimes I want to transfer the call back to the OBi so someone can pick it up on the Phone port.  The way to do this with my IP phone is to set up a 3-way call, which works, then press the transfer button to join the two parties, which works for any SIP device I try to transfer to except the OBi itself.  In that case, my OBi's call history says "End Call (400 Bad Request)".

What am I doing wrong please? :)

hwittenb

Maybe the OBi is running out of call paths.  How are you routing the incoming call to the ip phone? I believe the default method would bridge the call to the ip phone continuing to use some resources on the OBi.  How are you addressing the call back to the OBi?

There is a SPx Service --> MaxSessions setting that you might need to increase.  The default setting is 2, I've seen discussion where you can increase it to 4.  I'm not sure of the maximum.

QBZappy

Mango,

I have not tested this, however I recall a previous question that may be relevant, that was addressed by this setting. Have a look at the bubble message here:

ITSP Profile X
    General
    SIP->X_UseRefer
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.