December 14, 2017, 08:32:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No Transmission of Voice or Keypad?  (Read 57143 times)
Michael_Reeder

« on: April 02, 2013, 07:56:38 pm »

I have X-Lite setup as described in this thread and the screenshots (I think!).

I can utilize X-Lite to successfully call my OBi100.  However keypad entries don't seem to be heard by the OBi100 -- for example I can literally hear the number 2 when I press it, but the OBi100 attendant does not take me to the dial-out function.

When I call the test number 222 222 222 it answers and states that after the beep everything I say will be echoed back to me.  Nothing I say is echoed back to me.

Ideas??!!

Thanks,
Michael
Michael_Reeder

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 08:38:03 pm »

I have done a very thorough run-through of the solutions offered in the X-Lite forum... The other party not hearing me would seem to be a common problem since a recent update 2 months ago... but everyone else is finding the solution:

a) Ran tests of microphone and audio.

b) Tried the 5 difference DTMF options available

c) Went into audio codexs and tried all the permutations available and setting it to accept the first codex offered.

No dice.

Okay -- Likely a X-Lite issue but anyone here got ideas?

A better SIP soft phone program?

Thanks,
Michael
QBZappy
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 09:22:37 pm »

Try Phoner lite or Jitsi. (Google it)

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.
Michael_Reeder

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 06:27:15 am »

Try Phoner lite or Jitsi. (Google it)

Thanks -- Will try this.
Michael_Reeder

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 11:56:08 am »

Okay -- Got Jitsi mostly working!

Caller on the other end can now hear my voice.

Caller on the other end can now hear number and button pushes (like 1, *)

On phone menu systems I can press numbers (like 1) and the computer on the other end recognizes the number input.  When I press asterisk (like *) the system on the other end DOES NOT recognize * has been pushed.

Okay -- I get this is not a Jitsi support forum but in case anyone knows...  What the heck can cause certain key punches (*) to not work, but others (1) to work fine?

I note that the sound tones are very short and clipped.  Any way to may key tones sound for a longer time?

-- Michael
QBZappy
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 04:04:30 pm »

Service Providers
    ITSP Profile X
        General->DTMFMethod   (Play around with these settings. Try DTMF)

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.
ruelmendoza

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 04:10:47 pm »

I got similar issue but mine is obi202.  I assume same solution?   I can dial out and receive call to/from xlite-4, I can hear the other persons voice on my X-Lite 4 but the person on the other line ( normal phone )  cannot here any audio.    I also tried the keypad and same thing seems like the keypad is not being transmitted from xlite-.  Any help as to what to look for next?
Ferris1027

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 09:24:36 am »

I appear to have a similar issue. I can get x-lite 4 to work fine, but the keypad tones do not pass through. I am convinced this is an x-lite issue, but they keep saying it is an Obi App issue.

I have tried Jitsi, but could not get it to connect. I have researched configuration settings on here, but no luck. Any support here would be helpful.

To bad, as I liked x-lite.
itzmejoey

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 08:21:26 am »

Same issue here.  The old, perfectly-working version of X-Lite suddenly expired the other day, so I was forced to download the non-working version (4.5 I believe) that I am assuming you guys are using as well.  X-Lite swears up and down that there are no known issues with this version (check their support forum for some very short and terse replies about this), yet it seems people using an OBi device can't seem to get outbound voice to work.  I've tried pretty much every other free softphone out there, and there's always something that doesn't work -- can't hear incoming calls, they can't hear me, can't receive incoming calls, etc.  The old X-Lite was the only one I found that worked across the board.  Has anyone found a solution?
GFT21710

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 09:52:47 pm »

Same Problem.  OBi202.  Everything works but outbound voice and keypad.  X-lite shows microphone works.  What now?
HH235

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 10:27:55 pm »

Geez.  I am just trying to use XLite 4.5 on my laptop to call my Obi 100 at home.  The 100 attendant answers and says press 1 to continue this call.  But when I press 1 on XLite it's like the tone is too short or something.  the 100 does't hear it or the Xlite isn't transmitting it right.
Any ideas?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: