News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Sending All 800/855/866/877 calls to Google Voice Mail

Started by Diana, April 04, 2013, 09:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diana

I know I can block all Toll Free (800/855/866/877) incoming calls, but is there a way I can modify my Incoming Call Route on SP1 (GV) on my OBi110 to having the calls not ring through to the Phone Port and hence have the calls go to my GV Voice Mail after 5-rings?

Shale

I suggest posting your existing call route (with any trusted phone numbers modified to  5055551234 or some such). That would make explaining what to do easier. I have a couple ideas, but I am more likely to make an error in the process than some others.

azrobert

Add the following to the beginning of your SP1 Service X_InboundCallRoute:

{(18(00|88|77|66|55|44)xxxxxxx):},

Edit:

If your current X_InboundCallRoute is just "ph", then replace it with:

{(18(00|88|77|66|55|44)xxxxxxx):},{ph}

ianobi

Firstly, I should say I know very little about GV, so I'm working in the dark here. azrobert has given you a blocking rule, which should return code 486 "Busy Here". If that sends the calls to GV voicemail, then problem sorted.

This is a little trick if you wish the incoming calls to get ringing for 25 seconds, then get sent to GV voicemail. You do need to have an spX set up for SIP, real or fake.

Set up a fake voice gateway – I'm using vg1. All settings at default except AccessNumber. I'm using:
AccessNumber: sp2(192.168.1.10:5490)
192.168.1.10 is my local OBi address, but the port 5490 is not in use, so the calls get sent nowhere.
Vg1 does not need to appear in any other DigitMaps etc as you are not using it to dial out from.

Next set up:
Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{(1?8(00|88|77|66|55|44)xxxxxxx):vg1},{ph}

Any calls coming in with toll-free CallerIDs will hear ringing for up to 30 seconds, then code 503 "Service Unavailable" will be returned. However, as GV voicemail connects after 25 seconds, callers will hear ringing for 25 seconds followed by GV voicemail.

I have no idea if this is of any practical use for anyone   :)

Diana

ianobi:

The method you described above works great, but I think it rings (?) the phone port.  I'm not at the location to verify how many rings, if any.  I will verify later today when I'm actually there.  I was looking at the call status while the call was incoming.  

Call 1                              04/05/2013    08:35:31   

Terminal ID                     GoogleVoice1                                 SP2
Peer Name      
Peer Number                   1877NNNNNNN                                 @192.168.1.111:5490
Direction                         Inbound                                         Outbound
08:35:31                        Ringing   
08:35:55                        End Call   

In the google Voice call logs, the incoming Toll Free Number shows up on the GV call logs with a red arrow next to the phone symbol, suggesting that the call registered as a missed call, even though I did get the GV voice mail message before hanging up.  This might suggest that the phone may only ring once before the outbound call is made via the fake Voice Gateway (VG4 in my case).  If I leave a message it shows up on the GV Log without the red arrow and the play button for the message left in Voice Mail.  BTW, I have Anveo set up on SP2 for E911.

Is there any way to make sure that ALL incoming Toll-Free calls do not ring the Phone attached to the OBi110?

I did try the method suggested by azrobert, but there was some issues with the incoming calls showing up on SP2, with a callerid of 877XXXXXXX, instead of the 1877XXXXXXX and eventually I got Anveo's voicemail.

Call 5                                 04/04/2013    18:50:03   

Terminal ID                        SP2                             PHONE1
Peer Name                         877NNNNNNN   
Peer Number                      877NNNNNNN   
Direction                            Inbound                      Inbound
18:50:03                           Ringing   
18:50:25                                                             Call Connected
18:50:38                                                             End Call

ianobi

QuoteCall 1                              04/05/2013    08:35:31   

Terminal ID                     GoogleVoice1                                 SP2
Peer Name     
Peer Number                   1877NNNNNNN                                 @192.168.1.111:5490
Direction                         Inbound                                         Outbound
08:35:31                        Ringing   
08:35:55                        End Call   

This shows the call being sent outbound to the fake voice gateway port 5490. Terminal ID would show PHONE1 if the call had gone to the Phone Port. I don't use Google Voice, but in my set up the incoming calls never go to the Phone Port.

The timings show Ringing from 08:35:31 to 08:35:55. This looks normal as GV voicemail took the call after 24 seconds.

I think azrobert forgot a "?" in his rule:
This allows the ten digit format 800 etc to call the phone.

This would block them all:
{(1?8(00|88|77|66|55|44)xxxxxxx):},{ph}

With that slight amendment, the azrobert method is the simple solution. It gives incoming calls "Busy Here". My method is useful if you want the incoming calls to receive ringing rather than busy. The ringing will go on for 30 seconds if no voice mail picks up, then "Service Unavailable" will be returned. My method does waste a bit more of the unwanted callers time  ;)

Diana

Thanks ianobi!!  Looks like I'm all set.  I do not want to block all Toll Free calls, since a few might be legitimate.  If I have any further questions I will check back.  Thanks for all the help guys.

azrobert

Quote from: ianobi on April 05, 2013, 06:18:45 AM
I think azrobert forgot a "?" in his rule:
This allows the ten digit format 800 etc to call the phone.

This would block them all:
{(1?8(00|88|77|66|55|44)xxxxxxx):},{ph}

I tested this with my PSTN line before I posted. My present and past testing GV always sends an 11 digit CID.

ianobi

Just goes to show how little I know about GV! If the incoming calls are blocked and "Busy Here" is sent back to the caller using GV, will the caller then be connected to GV voice mail? I'm trying to understand if both methods end up with the caller going to GV voice mail.

azrobert

I was getting ready to leave the house and didn't have time to read Diana's post before my last reply.

Her original question was how to send inbound GV 800 numbers to voice mail.
The method I suggested worked for me. The caller is sent to VM after he hears 5 rings and the OBi phone port does not ring.

She subsequently expanded her question to include Anveo.

Like I said above GV sends 11 digit CIDs.  It is my experience that SIP providers send 10 digit CIDs, so you should use {(8(00|88|77|66|55|44)xxxxxxx):} for SIP providers. Ianobi's suggestion of {(1?8(00|88|77|66|55|44)xxxxxxx):} will work for both.

Quote from: ianobi on April 05, 2013, 08:52:38 AM
If the incoming calls are blocked and "Busy Here" is sent back to the caller using GV, will the caller then be connected to GV voice mail? I'm trying to understand if both methods end up with the caller going to GV voice mail.

I tested ianobi's method and got the same result. The caller hears 5 rings and then is sent to GV VM.

ianobi

azrobert,

Thanks for doing the testing. What I know about GV could be written on the back of a postage stamp, so I'm often stumbling around in the dark with GV related questions.

It looks like the two methods give the same result. There seems to be no point in the extra complication in my method. I like the idea of the fake voice gateway - if only I could find some use for it ...   :-\