News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

2nd OBI at another physical location

Started by Hollywood, April 02, 2013, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood

Hi,

I have an OBI110 and GoogleVoice that all works perfectly. On my OBI Dashboard it shows my OBI number under endpoints and a softphone number.

My question is, is it possible to buy another OBI and connect it in another city and add it's OBI address into the OBI Dashboard's Endpoints so that incoming calls would ring both OBI's in either location?  ....OR could another OBI (and Dashboard) point to the same GoogleVoice account(s)?

Thanks!

ianobi

I'm no GV expert, but I don't believe that GV supports "call-forking" to multiple endpoints. However, what you are asking is easily achieved with two OBis.

Set up your second OBi as an independant device with its own Dashboard etc. If GV is on sp1 on your original OBi, then set:

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{ph,pp(ob200123456)}

Where 200123456 is the number of the second OBi.

You can set a delay so the second OBi only gets called if the first OBi does not answer the call say within six seconds in this example:

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{ph,pp(ob200123456;d=6)}

This method uses the OBiTALK network to fork the call onto the second OBi. Call forking to up to four devices is allowed.

QBZappy

ian,

Can you see any way of using d=seconds as a pause. Something like this:
{sp1(5145551212;d=2),sp1(1234)}

Explanation:
Dial number, pause 2 seconds, then dial password.

Quote from: ianobi on April 03, 2013, 07:00:59 AM
{ph,pp(ob200123456;d=6)}
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ianobi

QBZappy,

The never ending search for the elusive pause! We need Sherlock Holmes   

If it did work it would be something like this:
{sp1(5145551212),sp1(1234;d=2)}

The number is dialled straight away, then the password after 2 seconds. To be useful it would have to be in a speed dial. It's worth thinking about, so I will, but I'm not expecting anything much in the way of answers!

hwittenb

Quote from: ianobi on April 03, 2013, 09:08:39 AM
The never ending search for the elusive pause! We need Sherlock Holmes   

If it did work it would be something like this:

The number is dialled straight away, then the password after 2 seconds. To be useful it would have to be in a speed dial. It's worth thinking about, so I will, but I'm not expecting anything much in the way of answers!

The sip signalling gets in the way.  You dial the number and a sip INVITE is sent and the logic waits for signalling answer.  If it dialed again it would have to send the number by dtmf after the connection.  It's not that you couldn't design something to do that but it would be a significant addition.

Hollywood

Quote from: ianobi on April 03, 2013, 07:00:59 AM
This method uses the OBiTALK network to fork the call onto the second OBi. Call forking to up to four devices is allowed.

Does this mean both OBI's will ring when a call comes in at the same time (and you answer the phone connected where you are at), OR would one have to have a chance to ring (then answer), but if no answer, ring the 2nd OBI?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!

ianobi

QuoteVoice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{ph,pp(ob200123456)}

This means that your original OBi and the second OBi both ring at the same time. Whichever OBi answers the call wins the race and connects to the call. The other OBi would record a "missed call".

{ph,pp(ob200123456;d=6)}

This means that your original OBi rings, then after 6 seconds, if it does not answer, forks the call to the second OBi which then also starts to ring, so both are then ringing. Whichever OBi answers the call wins the race and connects to the call. The other OBi would record a "missed call".

QBZappy

Quote from: hwittenb on April 03, 2013, 09:24:13 AM
The sip signalling gets in the way.  You dial the number and a sip INVITE is sent and the logic waits for signalling answer.  If it dialed again it would have to send the number by dtmf after the connection.  It's not that you couldn't design something to do that but it would be a significant addition.
Admin Guide:
Invoke Second Dial Tone in Digit Map
a – d  = DTMF 0 – 9

I don't know what the above does. Does this force DTMF tones?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ianobi

hwittenb,

Thanks for that. Also, I guess that as sp1 probably has two sessions available, then this rule:
would send 5145551212 out on the first session and 1234 out on the second session.

Wow another QBZappy idea came in while I was typing this! More to think about  :)

Hollywood

Quote from: ianobi on April 03, 2013, 10:07:53 AM
{ph,pp(ob200123456)}

This means that your original OBi and the second OBi both ring at the same time. Whichever OBi answers the call wins the race and connects to the call. The other OBi would record a "missed call".

{ph,pp(ob200123456;d=6)}

This means that your original OBi rings, then after 6 seconds, if it does not answer, forks the call to the second OBi which then also starts to ring, so both are then ringing. Whichever OBi answers the call wins the race and connects to the call. The other OBi would record a "missed call".

Thanks! the first option is exactly what I was looking for.

hwittenb

Quote from: QBZappy on April 03, 2013, 10:12:26 AM

Admin Guide:
Invoke Second Dial Tone in Digit Map
a – d  = DTMF 0 – 9

I don't know what the above does. Does this force DTMF tones?

I believe that section describes how you can play a different dial tone back to the phone when you are dialing.  For instance I use that to give a new dial tone after dialing one of the ** codes such as **3.

The logic in the digit maps and outbound routing goes away after by timeout it determines that you have finished and it is time to send the sip INVITE.  It doesn't hang around to wait for something else to send by dtmf tones.

MurrayB

Hi Hollywood and welcome. I have been forking calls between two locations via the Obitalk network for quite a while. It is a fantastic feature. Good Luck!

lucycandy

I believe that section describes how you can play a different dial tone back to the phone when you are dialing.  For instance I use that to give a new dial tone after dialing one of the  codes such as **3.