News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Adding More Google Phone Numbers to OBI100

Started by HateNettalk, April 04, 2013, 02:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HateNettalk

I already have two Google Voice Phone Numbers on my OBI 100.  How can I add another Google Voice Phone Number for another business to my OBI 100.  The SP only shows a spot for two phone numbers.

Thanks,
Susan

RFord

Would you like to have incoming calls to the third GV number?  If so, there is no way to do that with the OBi100, only the OBI202.  If you need it for outgoing only, then you can use one of the Gateway accounts and Simon Telephonics.  You would need to contact the person at Simon Telephonics to do a special setup for you to do it.  Search the Forum for a thread on the latter approach.

azrobert

Quote from: RFord on April 04, 2013, 04:26:20 PM
If you need it for outgoing only, then you can use one of the Gateway accounts and Simon Telephonics. 
It's more complicated than this. To use a Voice Gateway one of your SP trunks must be defined as SIP. Both of your SP trunks are currently defined as GoogleVoice. You would have to convert one of your current GV trunks to Simon Telephonics to be able to use a Voice Gateway.

giqcass

Ideally an upgrade to a 202 would be in order.  Any other solution would require routing through another service.  If the second account were set up as sip then incoming calls could be routed through Callcentric or a similar service.  If outgoing were not needed for two of the lines that would be the end of the story.  If you used Simonics without Callcentric (or similar service) incoming calls would still be an issue because the Obi could only stay registered to one account on Simonics .  One of the Google Voice numbers would need to be sent via sip uri.

It might be best to use Callcentric as the registered Sip account in slot 2 with Google Voice account 2&3 set up to forward calls to Callcentric.  Then use gateway dialing through Simonics for Google Voice account 2&3.  This method eliminates the sip uri forwarding issue.

This would require an email to Simonics to ask for no register dialing to be enabled on your accounts.
Long live our new ObiLords!