News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Having to reboot recently obi110, never had to before

Started by bepmoht, April 07, 2013, 11:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bepmoht

In the last week I've had to reboot my obi110 twice because my connections to GV have ceased to work. On reboot all goes back to working order. I've never had these issues before and I've had this unit with this setup for years. My obi110 is set up for GV on sp1 and sp2. I just updated the firmware today to see if that makes a change. My question is has anything changed in the obi system recently that may be causing this? Also, is there a error log file that could be checked somewhere where I could see whats happening when these disconnects occur?

Thank you!

QBZappy

bepmoht,

Quote from: bepmoht on April 07, 2013, 11:59:46 AM
I've never had these issues before and I've had this unit with this setup for years.

Welcome.

Wow! This is your first post after years of trouble free voiping.  :)

Quote from: hwittenb on April 07, 2013, 05:38:43 PM
OBi has a syslog program that will run on a Windows computer that you can download here:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=707.0

I beleive that is a DOS app. I have used this windows syslog server:
Tftpd32 http://tftpd32.jounin.net/

Enable this setting in order for the OBi to receive the syslog output from the OBi:
System Management
    Network Settings
    Auto Provisioning
    Device Admin->Syslog = Enable it by inserting the ip of computer running the syslog server.

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

bepmoht

I have set up logging in syslog. So far the only thing of interest has been several XMPP messages updating a peer to online status from a contact in my wifes GV account which we use for Sp1. I saw another post where someone had potential issues with this. I had my wife delete this contact and now it's been about two hours and no repeat messages as of yet. BTW, this contact (according to my wife) was always showing up as online, so I gather she either never logs out of her google chat or she owns an obi device.

As far as happy Voiping, my Obi setup has been rock solid for years, not like my other voip services which have had their share of blips.

For now, I will keep logging and wait for a failure.

Regards

bepmoht

Tuesday 4/9 9:40 est. Still monitoring syslog, no crash yet.

Shale

Quote from: QBZappy on April 07, 2013, 06:29:59 PM
Tftpd32 http://tftpd32.jounin.net/

Enable this setting in order for the OBi to receive the syslog output from the OBi:
System Management
   Network Settings
   Auto Provisioning
   Device Admin->Syslog = Enable it by inserting the ip of computer running the syslog server.

Thanks. That was easy. From OBiTalk Expert, it was just
System Management
Device Admin->Syslog

There is a lot of data. The timestamps are down to the millisecond.  There are a lot of entries like these:
Quote7> [SLIC] Command: 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0,
7> [SLIC] Command: 0, 11, 0, 0, 0, 0,
7> [SLIC] Command: 0, 4, 5, 0, 0, 0,
7> [SLIC] Command: 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0,
7> [SLIC] Command: 0, 11, 0, 0, 0, 0,

Others are more intuitive. I was not having a problem. I just thought I would try logging.

bepmoht

Well today is the 12th and I still haven't had any more lockups. The only two things I did are as follows:

1) Installed the latest firmware.

2) Got rid of gmail contact in my wifes account which was somehow showing up in my obis log file. FYI a sample of the lines in my logfile which demonstrate this behavior are as follows:

LOG Sample

[Apr 07 18:40:10][192.168.1.135]<7> XMPP:Updating peer:name.jmathis@gmail.com[gmail.E21EAFA5] to online

[Apr 07 18:40:10][192.168.1.135]<7> XMPP:Updating peer:name.jmathis@gmail.com[gmail.E21EAFA5] to online

It seems bizarre that my Obi device would be communicating with a gmail account it shouldn't be aware of, but I didn't program the gizmos firmaware.

By deleting this user from my wifes contacts, it eliminating it showing up in my log file and my obi110 hasn't locked up again.

I am calling this one "Closed" for now.

KEYWORD - gmail contacts showing up in syslog -