News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming calls problem on OBI110

Started by Charlie_One, April 07, 2013, 07:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie_One

Hi,

I just purchased and installed my OBI 110.

Everything works fine except that when I receive a phone call the out going sound does not work. I can hear the caller fine, but they are unable to hear me.

When I dial out everything works fine can hear both ways.

Also is there a way to configure the Line port to connect a second phone to it?

Appreciate any tips and help.

Thanks

hwittenb

The problem you are reporting is commonly called one-way audio.  It is caused by a mis-communication of your rtp packet stream's ip address or port number.

One solution is to enable a STUN server to echo back your external ip address and rtp port number.  You can enable this on ITSP Profile A/B General page.  You can use any STUN server.  If your voip provider offers one, use that otherwise use one listed here.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/STUN

You can only attach a single unique PSTN Line to the OBi110 LINE port.

Charlie_One

Thanks I updated the STUN.

So now the next puzzling thing is that it dropped the connection and I am getting message saying :

Register Failed: No Response From Server (server=66.49.255.53:5060; retrying).

The IP address is the one for my provider.

It was working fine - I placed a call and called my self earlier. Only problem was that outgoing voice was not working. Then the service dropped and I am not able to get to login again... and this was before I changed the STUN. (earlier the same thing happened and I had to reset my router and restart Cable Modem and it worked fine).