News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV and RingTo: single short ring on incoming calls to RingTo number

Started by Bill_F, January 31, 2015, 12:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill_F

Hi all,

I have an Obihai 200 with Google Voice configured as SP1 with a GV number and RingoTo as SP2 with my old landline number (ported to RingTo of course).

Incoming calls with my Google Voice number ring correctly on my Obi and are also forwarded correctly to my new landline.

Incoming calls on my RingTo number ring for a fraction of a second on both Obi and new landline, then stop ringing.  If you answer you only hear a dialtone.  (On the calling phone the ring tone continues.) I do get a "missed call" message from Google Voice.

In the expert configuration mode I have set both SP1 and SP2 Service parameter as follows

X_InboundCallRoute {ph,ph(4105551212)}

where 5355512 replaces my actual POTS number.

All other settings retain default values.

Any suggestions on how to receive incoming calls via the old landline number and RingTo?  This problem has persisted since i set it up early December (2 months).

Thanks!

Bill F

Bill_F

I now have reconfigured the Obi to only ring to the attached phone.  Ring.to (and Obi) now rings to my GV number, which forwards the calls appropriately.  I think there were too many redirects in my redundant setup.  This solved the problem.