News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problem after porting

Started by oemguy, April 02, 2013, 09:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oemguy

I setup OBI with my existing Google voice number. Everything worked correctly. I then went thru process of porting landline to a Pay as you go t-mobile phone and then ported from t-mobile to GV. My landline number is now my GV number. I can call out and others can call in, but I now cannot call my new GV number from my regular cell phone.(worked ok with old GV #) Calls go directly to GVmail.  My regular cell phone is in GV as a forwarding phone but forwarding box is not checked. Voicemail access is set to NO. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

greenhorse

I have exactly same thing happening.

If checkbox for my forwarding phone in gv is unchecked then when I call my gv number from the
forwarding phone the call goes straight into google voicemail.

If checkbox for forwarding phone in gv is checked then when I call gv number from the forwarding phone
the call goes to phone that is connected to obi.

I want calls to gv number go only to phone connected to obi. I don't want my cell phone to ring
when somebody calls my gv number. And I want to be able to call my gv number from my cell phone.

what's the right way to set this up ?

Thanks.