News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202: Which mobile phone use?

Started by Vegetus, April 12, 2013, 11:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vegetus

Hi there!

I live in Europe and I have several unlocked Bluetooth enabled GSM/UMTS personal phones. Well... they aren't new, a Nokia E61, some Huawei Phones and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.
It happens personal phones do register via Bluetooth and I am able to send and receive calls but after X time (hours or days) phones loose connection making unreliable whole things.
Maybe I'm out, maybe my wife wish to call and she gets busy tone, maybe our daughters or friends of our willing to have a callback... and so on.
I would like to receive feedbacks from all of you, specially European folks,  about how reliable is your Bluetooth connection and which mobile phone can maintain stable connection to Obi202.

Many thanks!

Azouz

try a phone that can reboot at a specific time of the day and reconnect automatically to obi202. i'm using a blackberry phone with my obi. also iphone can do the same after you jailbreak it.

Vegetus

The workaround you proposed, seems to work.
Currently my personal phone reboots one time a day and till now it reconnects gracefully.
Thank you very much for your hint!  :)