News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call forwarding setup

Started by Usafa92, April 16, 2013, 04:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usafa92

I'm hoping I can get some help setting up call forward through my Obi100.

I've previously been using my GV# to forward all calls to my POTS# at home, my cell, and my wife's cell.  That way, I can give out one # (to school, doctor office, etc) and always be reached via home phone or cell.

Now I want to replace my POTS service at home, and use my Obi100 as my home phone.  Currently, with GV forwarded to my two cell#s, all 3 phones ring when my GV is called.

My problem is when I try to call home from my cell.  Instead of ringing the Obi100 phone, I'm directed to my GV voicemail.  Even if I enable caller I'd blocking or use *67 on my cell, calls from my cell to my GV# always go to my GV voicemail.  I need to be able to call from my cell and have the Obi100 ring.

Question:  is there a call forwarding option in the Obi100 that I can use to always forward calls to my 2 cell numbers?  This way I can stop using GV's call forwarding and use my cell to make calls to my Obi100.

I hope this post is understandable...

Usafa92

Never mind, I figured it out.  I had to delete my cell #s from my GV account and re-add them, ensuring I selected advance options and select the option to NOT go straight to the VM menu.

Now everything works like I want and I can cancel my POTS service.   ;D

Jon_on_OBi

Thanks for your question and answering it yourself. I was having a similar problem where GV is my home phone number and I had associated my cell phone # with the GV number too. But every time I tried to call home from my cell phone, I couldn't, it would just go to the GV menu and not let me place a call to home.

Your solution, removing the cell phone and re-adding it to the GV with the advanced setting of "don't go straight to GV menu" solved the problem and I'm very happy I found your posting with the info I needed to fix it.

MakeItWork

I just ordered my Obi202 and started playing with GV yesterday for the first time.  I setup it up the same as USAFA92 (I'm USAFA81 by the way - at least 2 years of it ) and had the same question as I had the same issue.   It freaked out my daughter when I had her call the GV number and the home phone started ringing, then my cell then my wife's!  ::)
I can't believe that it has taken me this long to look into this technology.... so far it looks like there is much help on this forum, so I"m sure that will help once I get my hardware...

cheers -