News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

IP address not available - static IP and I log into the web interface to reboot

Started by Stallhorn, April 17, 2013, 08:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stallhorn

All,

Sorry if this has been addressed but search turned up a couple of posts that suggested putting a static IP address.
I bought an OBi202 a couple of months ago and I am using it with google voice and it works great - when it works. I get "IP address is not available - reason 00" message every couple of days sometimes and every couple of weeks at other times. I gave it a static IP from my internal network (192.168.1.20) and I still get the phone go offline. When that happens I fire up my browser, go the web port and reboot the device and it starts working again. So I know it has an IP address and it is accessible.

What is frustrating is that I don't know if the phone is offline until I try using it. Then I get a bunch of VMs from people that tried to call me.

The good part is that I don't see a lot of posts on this issue, so maybe it is just my hardware/software?

Anyone suggest any good solution?

Thanks.

Shawn.

zapattack

(Fast way to reboot is just pull the power for 5 seconds.)

What does your System Status show? Registered/Connected or ?
How do you get the 'IP address' message?
Have you rebooted the Router, and what model is it?

Otherwise, this sounds like a candidate for an Obi Support e-mail.

Stallhorn

Still having this issue - even with the latest software. Support e-mail basically said they know the problem, there is nothing they can do about it. I am now looking at someway of rebooting it every night - maybe they are running Windoze as the OS.
Anyone know a setting I can tweak to reboot every night?

Shale

Well, to reset work around that for now, you could get a programmable timer, and power the OBi via that. Have the timer turn  the AC off at 4 AM and turn it back on at 4:01 AM or whatever the minimum granularity of the timer is.