News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

anveo 911 register failed [SOLVED]

Started by gannicus, April 17, 2013, 09:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gannicus

Hi,

I'm trying to get Anveo's 911 service working on my obi 202. I have google voice on sp1, and it works perfectly. I chose sp2 for Anveo's 911 service. But on obitalk's device configuration page for sp2 it says Register Failed: No Response From Server. I received emails from anveo saying E911 service was activated, but the test call to 933 fails with the message "The number you dialed, 933, has not received a response from the service provider." I sent an e-mail to anveo's tech support, and they said the sip trace is active on my IP address, and suggested rebooting the obi. I rebooted, but I still get the same message: Register failed; No response from server; 933 call still fails. After searching these forums, I also tried disabling dmz on the obi, but that didn't work either. I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Update: I sent e-mails to the tech support at both Obihai and Anveo, and they solved the problem within a day--I'm very impressed with their response. The problem, as explained by Obi support in an e-mail to Anveo's tech support:

"This customer's dns server (his router) didn't
support DNS SRV. That's why the device couldn't figure out the
servers/ports.
I updated his DNS to use a public one (8.8.8.8), now the device sends
messages to the correct port now. However, Anveo server returned 401.
Besides, the colon before port 5010 (in your devupate request) caused our
script to drop the proxy parameter. Please encode the colon in the future so
we can update the port correctly.
If the port is updated correctly in the future, even user's dns server
cannot resolve SRV, it should still work."

I'm impressed all around with Obi and Anveo. And I successfully ported my vonage number over to google voice (via T-mobile) the other day.   :)

flyte

I found this "solution" when trying to resolve my status for Anveo E911 of "Register Failed: No Response From Server" and "Register Failed: 501 Not Implemented"  - this solution mentions changing the DNS but doesn't give any details because the tech did it.  For my Obi200 here's what I did, (after purchasing service)
- on my phone, dialed ***1 to hear the IP address,
- entered that address in my browser.  Default login is Admin/admin (or as noted on ObiTalk Device COnfig website)
- Once logged in, under Systme Management > WAN Settings
  - Uncheck Default for DNSServer1
  - Enter a public DNS Server, I used OpenDNS and entered: 208.67.222.222
  - Submit changes, then reboot Obitalk device (power off/on)
Device now showed "Registered" for me  
I was able to test by dialing 933
Hope this works for you too.  Apparently when the DNS resolves to the internet router, it can confuse the Obitalk so you have to override the DNS server setting in the obitalk.

SteveInWA

Quote from: flyte on September 17, 2016, 07:34:56 PM
I found this "solution" when trying to resolve my status for Anveo E911 of "Register Failed: No Response From Server" and "Register Failed: 501 Not Implemented"  - this solution mentions changing the DNS but doesn't give any details because the tech did it.  For my Obi200 here's what I did, (after purchasing service)
- on my phone, dialed ***1 to hear the IP address,
- entered that address in my browser.  Default login is Admin/admin (or as noted on ObiTalk Device COnfig website)
- Once logged in, under Systme Management > WAN Settings
  - Uncheck Default for DNSServer1
  - Enter a public DNS Server, I used OpenDNS and entered: 208.67.222.222
  - Submit changes, then reboot Obitalk device (power off/on)
Device now showed "Registered" for me  
I was able to test by dialing 933
Hope this works for you too.  Apparently when the DNS resolves to the internet router, it can confuse the Obitalk so you have to override the DNS server setting in the obitalk.

Don't use OpenDNS with OBi devices; it is known to cause problems.  Use some other reliable DNS, such as Google's public DNS servers, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/GV-and-the-OBi/Using-openDNS-GV-Status-BackingOff

ulrichw

Bumping this: Had the same issue and setting DNS to 8.8.8.8 on the Obi-200 worked great for me.

Note that you need to go into the "Obi Expert Configuration", then open "System Management" to find the "WAN Settings" entry where the DNS configuration is hidden away.

Uncheck both boxes next to DNSServer1, type "8.8.8.8" into the text entry field, click on "Submit" at the bottom of the page, and presto - Anveo registration succeeds.

bgswis

When I go to anveo 911 page I get this error.  What can I do?:

https://www.anveo.com/e911obi.asp?sid=7a4cb8cccb15dd687c7e016bd01d995e

E911 for OBi Devices [Google Voice type]
Unable to proceed. Make sure you initiate E911 service from OBITALK portal.

bgswis

I found the blue Anveo E911 button on my dashboard.  When I click that I can sign up.