News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

admin/admin no longer working

Started by duhaas, March 14, 2011, 06:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duhaas

seems like after i've configured my obi to obitalk, now my username/password for the obi itself is no longer taking admin/admin for the password, i reset the device, got back in, setup the device again using obitalk and now same thing again.  whats the password change to?

OBi-Guru

Go back to your OBi dashboard, and click on the OBi110 device.
The device credential including the admin passwd is displayed in clear, you may change it to your liking.

A random passwd for the OBi110 is being assigned randomly when the device is added to the OBiTALK portal.

duhaas

Thanks much, that did the trick, and noticed it displayed the new admin password in the config

arvind1971

Have same problem,  I tried updating password on the device using obitalk but still cant get into the device locally.

QBZappy

arvind1971,

Follow the same advice as OBi-Guru suggested above. That should work.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

arvind1971

I can see the password in clear as I setup

But when I go on local LAN and access the device, I cant get into the config using the admin user and the password I have showing in the Obitalk portal.

ANyway to force it

RonR

There's no way to force the password, but you can force a factory reset (putting everything back to defaults) by dialing ***81 from the OBi's telephone or by pressing and holding the reset button accessible through the bottom of the OBi.