News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI100 as a bridge between cell and SIP provider

Started by hgeorges, April 23, 2013, 09:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hgeorges

Hello;
I have both obi 110 and 100 and on each I've added my callwithus account, in the gateway section (gv1).

I've found some instructions in the forum how to program the OBI devices, in the gateway section and the phone section. I'm able to make a call from the phone connected to OBI, by pressing **3011country-number#.

I declared my cell phone as trusted, and when I dial home, the AA picks up my call, and after i key in 2, to make a call through obi, the above sequence doesn't work anymore. I get "the number you dialed  .... is invalid"
I get the same error on both 110/100. On the 110 I have two sip accounts and I've associated gv1 with SP2 (voipms). SP1 is GoogleVoice account. The line is not connected. on the 100 i have only one sip acct declared (SP1 - voipms), and I've associated gv1 with SP1.

Any suggestion how to make this work when I call into the AA?

Thank you!

ianobi

I'm guessing that to make the voice gateway work using **3011country-number# you made changes to:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap
and
Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute

This results in it working from the Phone Port.

To make it work from the Auto Attendant you need to make the same changes to:

Voice Services > Auto Attendant > DigitMap
and
Voice Services > Auto Attendant > OutboundCallRoute

hgeorges

Brilliant! It works.  :)
Thank you!

I think the next step for me would be to figure out how to route an outgoing call  preferentially, by country code, to gv1 directly, without pressing **3 in advance.