News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 GV Voicemail Indictator light not working on Panasonic KX-TG6512B DECT 6

Started by 2600, April 24, 2013, 09:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello,

I've got my GV setup on my Obi202 and everything is working great, but I cannot get the Voicemail indicator light to blink on my Panasonic KX-TG6512B DECT 6.0 cordless phone. I'm using only one GV/Phone connected to the Obi202. I've been able to get the phone to display Message Waiting when there is a voicemail and also have the stuttered dial tone to happen, but the message indicator light will not light up on the handset.

I've gone through all of the handset menus to make sure the message indicator options are enabled and also read through the manual and read through many forum posts with no success. The Google Voicemail Notification is enable on my SP1 profile too.

Would like to know if the message indicator light is even supported as working  or any phone or if this something that doesn't work on Panasonic DECT 6.0 phones?

Thanks!

zapattack

Turn on VM detect.
Page 43 of your manual.
The base unit will pick-up and listen for stuttered dial-tone at various intervals, such as immediately after a call. Panasonic has supported this feature for years.

Dagwood

Another thing to check on the Panasonic phones is to make sure you have the phone programmed with the voicemail access number, usually *97 or *98.  There is an item in the phone settings menu to select this.

Until I did that my phone would not alert there was voicemail waiting, even though the other required items had been configured properly in the phone and the Obi.