News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI100+Google Voice+Call Centric=Call Waiting doesn't work :(

Started by Gena700, May 15, 2013, 10:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gena700

I'm out of options, customer support takes hours to answer each email, so hopefully there are experts here on the forum who can shed some light.

Here is my setup:
OBI100, GV on SP1, Call Centric on SP2 (incoming only, for 911 and caller ID with name).

GV forwards to CC, Google Chat turned off.

This is what happens:
1) I get a call, pick up
2) Incoming call at the same time, I get Call Waiting beep, switch and everything works.
3) PROBLEM: switching back to first number (flash hook) - I only get audio one-way, outside->in. They can't hear me, I can hear them.

Any ideas?

CoalMinerRetired

This:
1) I get a call, pick up
2) Incoming call at the same time, I get Call Waiting beep, switch and everything works.

Sounds like, even though you have forward to 'Google Chat turned off', buried one or more layers into your groups or contacts you have it turned on (to forward certain calls to Google Chat).

How to tell? 1) Make a call to your CC number, only SP2 should ring with no 'Incoming call at the same time'. You also have: 2) look in the Obi Call History log, you're probably having two incoming calls, 3) look in the GV call history and the CC dashboard and calls received.

If that doesn't work, post back.

Also, I've seen issues with hook-flashing back and forth for a call waiting call when doing the GV/SP1, CC/SP2 arrangement.  This was (still is) on an Obi202, never investigated it further and just disabled Call Waiting. See here. It's on my low priority to do list. I agree with your frustration and I think it would be best to pursue this issue with CC and not Obi.

Gena700

To clarify, hook flash works, it switches between calls. Problem is with audio - it becomes one-way only (from callers to me) after switching back to first caller and subsequent.

I will try same test with 2 calls directly to SP2 (callcentric) and post here.

thanks

Gena700

Update:
to pinpoint obi100 or call centric line as culprit I disabled obi box (disabled forwarding to obi box in google voice), and setup call centric account in native android sip client, as described here: http://www.callcentric.com/support/device/android/sip_client

And what you know: call waiting switching WORKS, audio is fine!

Correct me if i'm wrong, but this test points at obi100 as culprit.

What do you think ?

CoalMinerRetired

I think you're on the right track. 

You've tested that jumping back and forth on a call waiting call via a CC number works correctly using SIP.

I'd do a few more specific tests: Make two calls into your obi box calling your CC number (not by calling your GV number). Determine if you can jump back and forth when a call waiting call comes in.  We expect this will fail in some way (on my Obi202 it cases either a hangup of both calls or a device reboot), not surprised it behavces differently on an Obi100.

If the fail proves true as expected, I'd suggest contacting CC and open a support ticket (noting that someone from CC states here, link in first post, they work on all reported issues until closed, including the free accounts we use for the CC CNAM arrangement), rather than going through Obi support on this one.

Please post back and keep us updated, I'd like to find a resolution to the issue I was having before I decided to just disable Call Waiting.

Gena700

Update:

Obi tech support was able to fix the issue via firmware update. They mentioned it is related to the way Call Centric handles SIP.

Case closed.

thanks!

CoalMinerRetired

Can you let us know what version f/w your devices shows? Found under the System Status > Software version.