News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 doesn't receive incoming calls to Google Voice number

Started by obiuser2011, January 23, 2011, 12:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPaul

I use an existing GV number because there are no new numbers available in my area code. I went through all of the other suggestions in this thread without luck. Today I realized that although I had Google chat enabled in GV, the email address associated with Google chat in GV was not my gmail account. I removed the other email from GV, deleted the chat from the Phones page, then made a call from Gmail to get the chat to return to the Phones page. When I returned to GV, the chat option was back, and it had my Gmail account instead of my other email account. Now I can receive incoming calls on the Obi!

Wayne_for_Obi

Obi110 will not ring when calling the GV#. Goes to voice mail.

Would appreciate some hints, as I've done all the following:

-- Made two successful calls from within gmail using google chat.
-- Checked the box for "Google Talk" as a forwarding phone on your google voice page.
-- Made sure gmail or gv account is not open in a browser window while trying to receive calls to the Obi.
-- Logged out of chat in gmail.
-- Made sure there are no conflicting apps running on a smart phone while trying to receive calls to the Obi (Groove IP, Talkatone etc.) (no such apps installed anywhere)
-- Made sure the X_InboundCallRoute for the google voice SP includes "ph". (Is only set to "ph")
-- Updated to latest firmware

jimates

Another thing to add to that list,
Verify calls to the google voice number ring into google chat when the gmail page is open.

RonR

Zaatari

I am having the same problem, I tested all the following except this:
-- Made sure the X_InboundCallRoute for the google voice SP includes "ph". (Is only set to "ph")
not really sure how to do that?

Also, as per the prior comment, it turns out my google voice isn't working on gmail either... not really sure what to do at that point... I tried multiple accounts following the guide...

Appreciate the help.

QBZappy

Zaatari,

At the moment I think there is nothing to do. It seems GV is experiencing system problems. Just wait for a fix from GV. (See various other recent posts related to GV issues)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

paulsalem

OBi110 will not recive inbound calls.  Outbound calls are hit or miss with an intermittent 503 error.

The OBi 110 is in Singapore and has worked for over a year now.

Wayne_for_Obi

Zaatari

It worked...

Just my luck, the day I buy the OBI110. GV decides to drop incoming calls. I spent 6 hours scratching my head on what I could be doing wrong... Thanks google ;)

robkaier99

Thanks all of you guys for valuable information. Hopefully this make the situation more comfortable for my call center.

onecanobi

Since having this problem after the MOST RECENT firmware update on the obi100, and trying all sorts of different things, I ended up doing a hard-reset (soft clears didn't work), and deregistering it from my obi devices, and then re-adding everything from scratch as if it was a brand new device.

All of a sudden everything is working again.

Thor

This is my problem today, too, with new OBI hardware.  Time invested in troubleshooting is upwards of 3 hours, now.

0. Google Voice single outbound call went okay / confirmed.  (I had to install a google ap to make the call...)
1. Outbound and echo test, okay.  Inbound, not okay (no possible mobile conflicting aps).
2. I didn't check "forward calls to google chat" before I ran connection on Obitalk website; but I did it afterwards, including verifying that "direct access to voicemail" was off (it was).   Equipment shows "connected" in Obi dashboard to GV as SP1.  Ran that connection step a second time, just to see if it would find/make the connection.  It did.  Still shows connected.
3. Everything associated with google chat inside g-mail is turned off (chat itself as well as disable outbound calls inside chat setting and any other 'disable' that I could find, I think.)

I don't know how to check if "5 - Make sure the X_InboundCallRoute for the google voice SP includes "ph"."

Any thoughts?

Is it a Google Voice problem?  If so, the equipment has to get returned, I think (it's useless for its purpose).

Is it time to just delete everything and just try it over from the beginning (someone had success doing that)?

goswick

I got my device today and am experiencing the same problem as you...able to make outbound calls but not receiving any inbound calls via GV.

As it stands right now the Obi110 is going to be returned on Monday for a refund. is a great idea but doesn't work for me.

I'm always leery of any product that does not offer any support via a human.

pc44

Hi goswick,

Are you running the latest firmware?  ***6 will let you know.

Have you performed an outgoing test call using Google Chat first?

Have you double-checked that you have Google Voice's settings configured to forward all incoming calls to Google Chat?  And, have you disabled Google's Call Screening?

Lastly, when you look in your OBI settings under Status -> System Status -> SPx Service Status, does it say Status: Connected?

Just a few ideas that *might* help, :)
pc44

QBZappy

goswick,

Does the call make it to the call history of GV and the OBi?

Show us your setup here:
ITSP InboundCallRoute = ?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

onecanobi

Quote from: onecanobi on May 03, 2012, 09:42:53 PM

Since having this problem after the MOST RECENT firmware update on the obi100, and trying all sorts of different things, I ended up doing a hard-reset (soft clears didn't work), and deregistering it from my obi devices, and then re-adding everything from scratch as if it was a brand new device.

All of a sudden everything is working again.

I wanted to follow up as now I have more of an idea as to what went awry.
It had to do with non-default codec setup, I was trying to force g729 bothways, and prior to the firmware update it worked fine. But since the latest update, 729 only works outbound, and inbound is negotiated at g711 from the provider. Enforcing g729 bothways makes it not work. This is why defaulting the device to original config works. Troubleshooted with someone from obi devices for almost an hour and they ended up blaming the voip provider ( freephoneline/fongo ) for causing the problem, although I kept saying it used to work fine on g729 both ways until this firmware update.

So for now, I had to leave it default.. or atleast allow g711 in order for incoming to work. That's the only reason that I can think of. Even though it can get choppy if other things are happening on a low bandwidth line.

Pres

I had the same problem: ringing of incoming calls.

I tried the suggestions here and elsewhere. Deleting this or that, changing settings, making a call etc...

I solved the issue by installing google video and some other google product that was offered with video.  I do not remember what the name of the other product is but they were offered together.  After installing them incoming calls ring and have not had an issue since. :D

jimates

Quote from: Pres on September 21, 2012, 10:12:57 PM
I had the same problem: ringing of incoming calls.

I tried the suggestions here and elsewhere. Deleting this or that, changing settings, making a call etc...

I solved the issue by installing google video and some other google product that was offered with video.  I do not remember what the name of the other product is but they were offered together.  After installing them incoming calls ring and have not had an issue since. :D
That would be the Google Voice and Video plug in. It is required to be installed in order to receive calls in gmail (Obi uses the gmail interface).

tulipox

OK - let me add my two cents to hopefully save others from hours of frustration.  I too was having this issue.  i followed many of the suggestions I found, but could not find a solution that worked for me.  eventually i discovered the key was having my gmail address as the e-mail address for google chat forwarding.  if you can make calls but can't receive them, this is most likely your issue.   steps: delete the non-gmail address from the settings / phones page.  then go to your gmail account make a call - look for the phone icon on the left side of the page.  once you do that, return to the settings / phones section in google voice, and your gmail address should now show and give you the option to forward to google chat.