News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 doesn't receive incoming calls to Google Voice number

Started by obiuser2011, January 23, 2011, 12:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KSSteve

I fixed it.  It was something with Google Voice, not OBI. 

LTN1

Quote from: KSSteve on September 14, 2016, 07:14:51 AM
I fixed it.  It was something with Google Voice, not OBI. 

Let us know what it was so the next person, having similar issues, can see the mistakes that you made and hopefully use what you learned to correct it.

alexmarz850

This worked for me,

Quote from: Kyleishere on November 09, 2015, 07:19:01 PM
Another solution that worked for me - in case someone stumbles into here looking for answers.  I am reposting from SteveinWA on a similar question/answer in this forum since I did not find his response until after 3 hours of searching, trial and error:

Log into Gmail, not Google Voice, on a laptop or desktop computer, not a mobile device.  On your main Gmail inbox page, look on the left side of the page for your avatar.  This is either a generic head and shoulders icon, or your photo or GIF that you uploaded to represent yourself.  If you don't see your avatar at all, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the Gmail page, and click the small grey "chat balloon" to toggle it on or off.

Click your avatar to open up Hangouts options.  Look down at the bottom of the white options box for the small link "Revert to old Chat" and click it.  See my attached screenshot.

After you have reverted to old chat, click the telephone handset icon to pop up the Chat dialer to make a call.  This should re-install the Chat forwarding destination to Google Voice.

After you confirm that it did so, you can reverse the procedure in Gmail by clicking "Try the new Hangouts".  Your Chat "phone" will not go away.

rramstad

I've been having the same problem listed here, but when I attempted to reconfigure things, when I sign into the old chat, I get the message

"Google Talk will be replaced with Hangouts on June 26, 2017"

and when I click on the handset, the dialer pops up, and says

"To make or receive phone calls in this browser, please enable Hangouts"

Now, oddly, the destination Google Chat still shows up in phones, and I have it checked and all that (have also tried to uncheck and recheck it, also tried deleting it and setting it up again) but in my case, nothing works.  I get 503 errors on outbound calls (though I can reach the echo server), and inbound calls ring four to six times then go to voicemail (Google Voice voicemail -- I can see the call in the Google Voice logs).

Anyhow I thought I'd post as the previous post (from a month ago) said they were able to load the dialer from within the old Chat, which seems to no longer work.

SteveInWA

Quote from: rramstad on May 03, 2017, 05:58:32 PM
I've been having the same problem listed here, but when I attempted to reconfigure things, when I sign into the old chat, I get the message

"Google Talk will be replaced with Hangouts on June 26, 2017"

and when I click on the handset, the dialer pops up, and says

"To make or receive phone calls in this browser, please enable Hangouts"

Now, oddly, the destination Google Chat still shows up in phones, and I have it checked and all that (have also tried to uncheck and recheck it, also tried deleting it and setting it up again) but in my case, nothing works.  I get 503 errors on outbound calls (though I can reach the echo server), and inbound calls ring four to six times then go to voicemail (Google Voice voicemail -- I can see the call in the Google Voice logs).

Anyhow I thought I'd post as the previous post (from a month ago) said they were able to load the dialer from within the old Chat, which seems to no longer work.

You don't need to use Chat in Gmail.  The Chat client GUI is being discontinued, after more than two years of transition time, to Hangouts.  However, the underlying Chat/XMPP protocol is being left in place, to support OBi users.  All you need to do is to check-mark the box to the left of Chat, on the old, "Legacy" Google Voice settings page.

The rest of your post is unclear.  Did you previously have a Google Voice number that was working properly, and it just mysteriously stopped working, or what?  Something changed; what was it?

SteveInWA

There may be an outage for certain (not all) Google Voice / OBi users.

I'd suggest posting in, or following, this discussion thread:
https://productforums.google.com/d/topic/voice/DeXjzSzcEKU/discussion

JamesOnObi

Hello,

I am unable to find the "Revert to old chat" link in GMAIL or Hangout or anywhere, does anyone have a workaround for this?

Thanks,
JW

drgeoff

Quote from: JamesOnObi on August 26, 2017, 06:30:02 PM
Hello,

I am unable to find the "Revert to old chat" link in GMAIL or Hangout or anywhere, does anyone have a workaround for this?

Thanks,
JW
You are probably looking in the wrong place.

Log in to google.com/voice.  At the bottom of the left side click on the 3 vertical dots. Near the bottom of the left hand side click on 'Legacy Google Voice'.  Near the top on the right hand side click on the gear icon and click 'Settings'. You should get 6 tabs, the left-most one being 'Phones'.  If that one is not selected click on it.  Under 'Forward calls to' The 'Google Chat' option should be there.

SteveInWA

You no longer need to "revert to old chat".  Just go to the legacy version of Google Voice settings, and ensure that you have a check-mark to the left of "Google Chat". 

In order to use any of the Google Voice calling services, you need to have made at least one outbound call from Google Voice (via a conventional mobile or landline phone), or from Google Hangouts.  This is so that Google can display its Terms of Service to you, and you can click the button to accept them (legal requirement).

Demos

On a related manner, I am not able to reach an OBI-110 from two OBI-100 ATA's over the Obitalk network. I reach a recording that reads out the Obihai device (Telephone) number, and ends with a 404 statement.

The OBI-110 can dial out & reach both OBI-100's OK, and can also call complete to the call echo test line **9 222 222 222 OK.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Demos on July 24, 2018, 09:46:46 AM
On a related manner, I am not able to reach an OBI-110 from two OBI-100 ATA's over the Obitalk network. I reach a recording that reads out the Obihai device (Telephone) number, and ends with a 404 statement.

The OBI-110 can dial out & reach both OBI-100's OK, and can also call complete to the call echo test line **9 222 222 222 OK.

Please don't cross-post the same issue in multiple threads, especially a problem that is unrelated to this thread, which was last updated a year ago.

CADNYTA

Quote from: Agate on January 26, 2011, 01:57:50 PM
A better way, that does not involve changing our outbound call phones settings:

Better fix:
1) Ensure that in  under Settings/Voice Settings/Phones, Forwards to: that Google Chat is checked
2) Sign out of chat ifilezilla uc browser rufus  . Your Chat window is likely on the left side unless you are using a Labs feature to place in on the right of your gmail. Sign out of chat by locating the chat area an finding the "Sign out of chat" option in the pull down along side your name. Your successful when you see a gray offline icon ball next to your name.

The advantages to this better scheme, is that you keep your google account with all its history/contacts/voiceMail etc.  If your on the road and need to make or receive calls through your browser, simply sign back into Chat (the Sign into chat option is just below your chat name in the chat side bar). Now you can receive inbound calls in gmail. (No need to switch the forwarding settings in http://google.com/voice, you can safely leave #1 above set to forward to Google Chat).
- Updated to latest firmware (OBi110-1-1-0-1832.fw) prior to configuring.

drgeoff

Quote from: CADNYTA on September 22, 2019, 08:56:35 AM
Quote from: Agate on January 26, 2011, 01:57:50 PM
A better way, that does not involve changing our outbound call phones settings:

Better fix:
1) Ensure that in  under Settings/Voice Settings/Phones, Forwards to: that Google Chat is checked
2) Sign out of chat ifilezilla uc browser rufus  . Your Chat window is likely on the left side unless you are using a Labs feature to place in on the right of your gmail. Sign out of chat by locating the chat area an finding the "Sign out of chat" option in the pull down along side your name. Your successful when you see a gray offline icon ball next to your name.

The advantages to this better scheme, is that you keep your google account with all its history/contacts/voiceMail etc.  If your on the road and need to make or receive calls through your browser, simply sign back into Chat (the Sign into chat option is just below your chat name in the chat side bar). Now you can receive inbound calls in gmail. (No need to switch the forwarding settings in http://google.com/voice, you can safely leave #1 above set to forward to Google Chat).
- Updated to latest firmware (OBi110-1-1-0-1832.fw) prior to configuring.

The most recent firmware for an OBi110 is 1.3.0 (Build 2886) but neither it nor any other firmware works with Google Voice.  Only the OBi200, OBi202 and OBi212 support the current incarnation of the free, consumer version of Google Voice.

YAGITA

- Created new Google account and phone number for exclusive use with OBi.

Albert12

I am having the same problem, I tested all the following except this:
-- Made sure the X_InboundCallRoute for the google voice SP includes "ph". (Is only set to "ph")
not really sure how to do that?

Also, as per the prior comment, it turns out my google voice isn't working on gmail either... not really sure what to do at that point... I tried multiple accounts following the guide...

Appreciate the help.

Black1Star

I am having the same problem, I tested all the following except this:
-- Made sure the X_InboundCallRoute for the google voice SP includes "ph". (Is only set to "ph")
not really sure how to do that?

Also, as per the prior comment, it turns out my google voice isn't working on gmail either... not really sure what to do at that point... I tried multiple accounts following the guide...

Appreciate the help.