News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Suggestions for OBI model and SP for fax intensive office

Started by Robert.Thompson, May 03, 2013, 05:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert.Thompson

Hello:
A friend of mine is considering the switch to VoIP for his office. He has a good quality high speed Internet connection, so I am pretty certain that 'voice quality' will be very good.

The problem is that he wishes to continue to use his physical fax machine to send and receive faxes - his business basically 'runs' on faxes.

My questions are:

• Is there a particular OBI model that would be best for him to use?
  • Is there a particular VoIP service supplier that would be best for him to use?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Rob.
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

OBi 110 using Anveo - but presently testing AcroVoice
My blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

QBZappy

Hey Robert,

I use Freephoneline to receive fax to email. One time $50 charge for license. I can't vouch for any heavy use case. I rarely receive faxes, it has been reliable for my needs. License will allow for voice calls as well.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Robert.Thompson

Thanks QBZappy :)

I see that the OBI 202 product description says: "SIP Support for Voice and Fax Over IP (T.38 and G.711 pass-thru) from Internet Telephony Service Providers"

I guess this means that it is designed to handle faxing.

The reason I ask about Service Providers is that I have tried Anveo (email to fax) and it 'chokes' with large faxes. I like Anveo for everything else.

Rob.
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

OBi 110 using Anveo - but presently testing AcroVoice
My blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com