News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice integration with Sprint—delay in ringing cell phone

Started by Animadversor, May 02, 2013, 01:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animadversor

I have Google Voice integrated with my Sprint service with calls forwarded to both my cell phone and Google Chat. My desk phone is attached to an OBi adapter which is configured to handle the calls forwarded to Google Chat. So far this has worked very well, the only problem being a slight delay in the ringing of my cell phone, with it usually ringing after one or two rings of the desk phone. However, recently the delay has grown unacceptably long, and the desk phone will ring three or four times before the cell phone does.

Is there anyone here who has a similar setup with an OBi adapter with a similar problem? Did you find a resolution, or at least the cause?

Is there anyone here who has calls forwarded to Google Chat, but without the use of an OBi adapter, who finds that the cell phone doesn't ring until some time after Google Chat has notified you that you have a call? Did you find a resolution, or at least the cause?

I am trying to figure out whether the problem lies with Google Voice, with Sprint, or with the OBi adapter.

Thanks very much for any assistance.

Rick

Clearly the problem is not the OBi.  It rings fine, it's the cell that isn't ringing in a timely manner.  If you are truly "integrated", does that mean your GV number and your Sprint number are the same?  If so, you wouldn't forward calls to your cell, since it is the same number.

Animadversor

Indeed, it is not the OBi—I just mentioned it for the sake of completeness. I posted to the Google Product Forum for Google Voice as well, and the problem seems to be in the routing that GV and Sprint use. You may see the post at https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!sg/voice/a9R9m9zvR48/1PM63d4ZVPYJ.