News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

MWI on Analog Line (FXO)

Started by D-J-R, May 08, 2013, 08:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D-J-R

I am thinking of picking up a Obi110 and I am wondering if the MWI (Voicemail indicator light) on the analog line (FXO) will show up on the phone connected.

The current Linksys I have is not able to show if a voicemail is waiting on my analog line. 

What I want is all local calls and incoming to be analog and the have all long distance to be voip.  I will handle the routing via the dial plan.

hwittenb

I have "stutter dial" for PSTN voicemail message waiting.  My OBi110 works like your Linksys unit.  My cordless phone attached to the OBi110 does not flash a light when there is a message waiting on the analog PSTN line.  You can, of course, on the Obi110 pickup the phone, hit # and get the pstn line actual dial tone and hear the stutter dial. 

I have an external caller id box that I got years ago from Pacific Bell that I have cabled on the PSTN line to show a flashing message waiting light that I can see from across the room.  Looks like you may be able to buy that box or similiar brands on EBAY or from Amazon.