News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi100 flashing red/green. can upload firmware but it won't work

Started by missionsjc, October 17, 2015, 05:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missionsjc

hi. i have an obi100 that is refusing to come up after power-cycle. i tried resetting as given in forums and in an obi page. no power, press reset. as i keep pressing reset, i plugin power. keep pressing reset for 30s. nothing happens. I am able to connect to this web portal and all it gives is upload firmware page. once i upload, it takes the image, it reboots but it gets stuck in flashing red/green power led stage. ethernet line is blinking too (otherwise i won't be able to reach it over wifi). does it mean that i should discard this device and get a new one? any other suggestions? thank you

drgeoff

You could try another PSU if you have one that gives 12 volts, 1 amp,  +ve on the centre and a plug that fits.

missionsjc

missionsjc

Pretty strange. It started to work today. Its been off hook last week or two. Just plugged in and it worked. However, when I rebooted from the device web portal, it did the flashing red/green again. Then I unplugged all wires, and plugged power, ethernet, phone..one after another. seems to be ok now. i'm afraid this will repeat. what could be wrong. the device itself or the power adapter? Its working on older 12v 1.0A power supply.