News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100/110: access denied to device admin web; how to reset device password?

Started by hgeorges, May 07, 2013, 04:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hgeorges

Hello;
I just discovered that I cannot access (probably forgotten) the device password.
user/user and admin/admin do not work.

I can do all programming through obitalk, but I could not use obitalk to gain access to the device. There is an option to set the user password, but that doesn't render any result).

I am reluctant to hard reset the device, because I could not find a way to back up the configuration, and I would have to start from scratch reprogramming it.

Is there any option to break in? The manual is not too detailed on this topic.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

hg

Shale

Do you get the pop-up asking for the user name and password?

Have you tried "admin" as the user name plus the Webpage Admin Password value from OBiTalk as the password?

hgeorges

hgeorges

How can I dump (save) the device settings from obitalk? Is there a way to do that?
If I can save my current setup, i can easily do a hard reset after, and reload everything back in a few minutes.

Any ideas?

Thanks much!

hg

Shale

Quote from: hgeorges on May 08, 2013, 01:17:55 PM
How can I dump (save) the device settings from obitalk? Is there a way to do that?
I don't think so.
If I can save my current setup, i can easily do a hard reset after, and reload everything back in a few minutes.

I am not even sure that OBiTalk won't remember it all, except for the admin password. After reset to factory state, I would change the password for your Webpage Admin Password to admin initially. Then at some point change it to something more secure.

Let's presume it doesn't. What you can do is to go to OBiTalk. Do a screen capture of the various screens where you entered information. To do a screen capture in Windows 7, use the Snipping Tool, which is included in the OS. It is also available for Vista. For XP you can do an Alt+PrintScreen to capture the image of the current window, and then do a paste into Paint. Save the image. If you have a Mac, take a picture of the screen with your iphone. ;-) Actually, you could just save each screen with your browser.

One thing that you will not be able to see is the passwords for Google Voice or your SIP provider.

Catch each screen where you made changes. Do each SPn by clicking  the gear icon. If you made changes in Expert mode, go through and look for the red exclamation marks,  that identify things that have changed.!

Note that you probably have made changes to avoid SIP scanners. You can re-do that, or you can choose a more effective method if you just changed ports.

hgeorges

Thanks, Shale. I guess that is the work I have to do to regain access... Will leave it for the weekend, given the fact that I have to check all the screens - I didn't make many changes, but I have to make sure I record them all.
as for SIP scanners/attacks, I have not experienced that so far (or I'm a happy ignorant...), but thanks for mentioning it. I'll look into adding  to my config something to protect me from that risk.