News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice Porting - Old number recalimed. No voicemail

Started by arcopress, May 09, 2013, 12:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arcopress

I ported my landline to Gvoice when I bought my OBI 3 months ago. All was well, until the old Google Voice Number (pre-port) was reclaimed by Google today (I didn't want to spend $20 to keep it). Now, anyone calling to my Google Voice # rings fine on my OBI and my android, but if I don't answer, it attempts to forward to google voicemail and gets an intercept: "we could not complete your call, please try again".. (gvoice lady)..Seems that the voicemail was linked to both the ported number and the original #... If I call my original #, I get the same intercept.
Any way to reclaim the old # and make voicemail work again?
Ideas?
Thanks

Alan

CoalMinerRetired

Just so we understand, you had a GV number and a landline number from a telco, both independently up and working correctly. 

Then you ported your telco landline to your GV account (GV Account 1) and it became a new GV number, and the old/former GV number you had on "GV Account 1" went into what Google seems to describe as a 90 day waiting period. 

If yes to the above, then:
- Likely no way to reclaim the old number, per google voice FAQ here.
- This sounds familiar in that it may have been discussed on here before. Try searching, it seems like there was some simple trick/work around that corrected the issue.
- If the above doesn't work, look over the GV FAQ and then post in the Google Voice Product Forum.

arcopress

I have searched and found nothing. I've also posted to the Google Product Forum. I don't think that the OBI has anything to do with my problem. Google Voice is simply not forwarding to voicemail now that the original number has been reclaimed.

Rick

Try deleting Talk from your phones list, then test it again.

arcopress

Tried that. No help. "we could not complete your call. Please try again".