News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 Problem DHCP & Static IP Logon

Started by lhm., April 06, 2011, 11:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lhm.

I have tried both DHCP Factory default settings and set to static ip address and Obi100 box will not show on lan. Green power botton continues to blink searching for ip address. I have 4 pcs, 2 sip enabled smartphones and a PAP2 that all show on the lan when using DHCP or when set with static ips and function/work properly. What can I be missing? Any help is appreciated.

RonR

Is the OBi connected to a gigabit LAN?  There have been a couple of reports of issues in this environment.  One user found that using a shorter ethernet cable eliminated the problem.

lhm.

No, 100 mbits lan. I tried the new short cat5 Obi cable, no joy.

RonR

Does the OBi get an IP address connected directly to your Cable/DSL modem, assuming the modem is running DHCP on its LAN port?  You will probably need to reboot the modem and OBi after making the connection.

lhm.

Direct connect to cable modem made the power light show solid green. Now what, should I update firmware?

RonR

It appears you were successful getting an IP address from your modem.  That would seem to confirm there is an ethernet problem/incompatibility between the OBi and your LAN.  Could you perform an echo test with the OBi connected directly to modem?: **9 222 222 222

Are you plugging the OBi into an ethernet switch?  If so, have you tried connecting it directly to one of the router ports instead?

lhm.

Yes, tried in router port earlier, now connected via hub connected to router switch. Will try the echo test from cmodem. If that is successful should I go forward with firmware upgrade? Also are there ports I should trigger for the Obi?

RonR

There shouldn't be any problem running the OBi connected directly to your modem, other than you can't access it from your PC.  If the echo test works properly, you should be able to update the OBi's firmware by dialing ***6 on the OBi's phone.

lhm.

After logging in/registering device with **x xxxx from cable modem Obi I was able reconnect through the router port/switch, and updated firmware from ObiTalk site and switched everthing back to static ips in Obi browser/lan connection.

Bottom line is connection setup of OBi w/static ip and a hub is not possible, at least for my lan.

Thanks for your help.