News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

inbound call route to filter on lack of caller ID on PSTN port of Obi110

Started by rob613, May 13, 2013, 05:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob613

I have an Obi110 and I use it to monitor the caller-ID that comes in on my PSTN line.  I already have a somewhat complicated inbound call route which implements a few blacklists to forward telemarketers for special handling.

Lately I've been getting a lot of calls at odd hours with no caller ID.  It is not that they are coming through "Private" for cloaked caller ID, but rather a lack of caller ID.   Is there any way to trigger on lack of caller ID and forward these anonymized (but not with privacy cloak) calls?

Ideally using the Obi's local auto attendant to prompt for caller's name and possibly make them enter a phone number to tag the call with and then ring through to the phone port, or forward through to a SIP or another number via GV?

I believe that some phone companies offer a service like this, but doing so requires removing the block that prevents any privacy-cloaked calls from coming through.

Implementing this feature would require knowing that there were enough PSTN rings to have received caller ID, but that there was none, and having a special string that could not come through caller ID.  Fortunately the Obi developers are very smart and creative and might be able to come up with a solution!

Shale

Does System Status: Call History show the calls coming in on the PSTN line? I was wondering if you might be getting a SIP Scanner on SP2 or SP1.

giqcass

I'm not real good with dial plans but I think you should be able to do this.  You need to take a good look at your call history first to see exactly what is showing on the caller ID and like Shale says it is possible the call could come though sip if you have a sip account configured on the device in any way.

Once you know exactly what is being transmitted you can create a dial plan to block it.  Some people have been blocking calls with caller id based on length for instance.  Perhaps you could try blocking calls of less the 1 digit.

This thread was talking about blocking sip scanners but some of the dial plans can be used equally well to block incoming pstn calls as well.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4067.0
Long live our new ObiLords!

ianobi

In an InboundCallRoute such as:

{(?|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx|un@@.|anon@@.):},{ph}

The "?" is the rule that selects calls with no CallerID. In this case the rule sends it to nowhere.

This InboundCallRoute will ban calls with no Peer Number, any Peer Number less than seven digits, Peer Number "unknown" and Peer Number "anonymous".