News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voicemail Audio

Started by dogster, May 23, 2013, 10:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogster

For the past couple of weeks, I cannot play my Google Voicemail messages from my laptop (Windows 7/Firefox 21), either from the link in the email notification or from logging in to Google Voice directly.  The system volume on my laptop is unmuted and turned up, and audio from other sources like YouTube & Pandora seem fine. The messages do play normally from my phone handset and from the GV app on my android phone, so obviously, there's something going on with my laptop.  I found one other recent posting on this issue in the GV forum, but there didn't seem to be a resolution.  One person mentioned that GV uses Flash to play messages -- I've downloaded the current version of that, but it had no effect. 

giqcass

You will need to dig into your audio settings.  Audio in a computer is much more complicated then just volume.  You will find volume can be set in multiple places for different sources.  This article shows you how to adjust some of them.  

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/137449-advanced-audio-settings-controls.html
Long live our new ObiLords!

Shale

Quote from: dogster on May 23, 2013, 10:10:38 AM
One person mentioned that GV uses Flash to play messages
When I get the email with the link, and click though, the message is in an MP3 for me.