News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trying to setup one step dialing using Voice Gateways

Started by Clueless, June 03, 2012, 10:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clueless

I have been trying to setup the one step dialing using 2 OBIs for some days with no success.  My current setup is like this
(i) I have an ObI (2001xxxx9) which is setup to use Google Voice on SP1 and Callcentric for e911
(ii) I have a second Obi(2002xxxx0) which has only ObiTalk (no provider configured).
This obi I intend to send to India.

I can successfully make calls from the second Obi to numbers in the US by dialing **92001xxxx9 to reach the AA and then dialing out the required US number.  

I want to enable one-step dialling so that when the user in India (ob2) dials any phone number starting with 1 it should dial out using Google Voice configured in OB1.

From reading the Voice gateway secition in the configuration manual that seemd to be the way to acheive this.  So I added a VG1 on Ob2 with the the access number specified as PP(ob2001xxxx9) with all the ohter values set to default.

I then modified the phone port (Ob2) as specified in the config manual
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{>(1 xxx xxx xxx):vg1},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

I then modified the ObiTalk Service in Ob1 so that now it reads {(2902xxxx5|2002xxxx0)>(xx.):SP1},{>(1 xxx xxx xxxx):sp1},{(2902xxxx5|2002xxxx0):aa},{ph}

But when i try to make a call from Ob2 by dialing 1 xxx xxx xxxx i just get a message that there is no service available.

I tried configuring this both on the obi and also through the portal

Can someone help where I am going wrong in this  ???

hwittenb

The information you posted looks OK.  It must be something else.  I have a 2d OBi running the application you describe and it works fine. With my 2d OBi, though, I also have a voip provider configured on SP1.  My intent was the send 1+ calls to GV on the other OBi, send international calls to the voip provider.

It sounds like the no service provider error message is coming from OB2. You didn't mention the PHONE PrimaryLine Setting which has a default setting of SP1 Service.  If you have the default setting it may be a problem if you don't have anything configured there.  If you have set it to OBiTALK on my OBi I get an error message with that setting.

Clueless

Hi Finally got this to work.  The issue was that the settings that I was configuring via the Device webpage was being over written by the one from the portal.  Since I was not very patient to update the portal I disabled the configuration from the portal and was updating the Obi from the device admin page only.  Finally got this to work

First setup the Gateway as specified in the manual.  I had set this to VG1 and calling into the US Obi.

For the Obi device in the other country, modify the phone port settings outbound call route to now read

{(1xxx xxx xxxx):vg1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

For the obi in the US modify the inbound call route of the obitalk service to now read

{2002xxxxxx>(1 xxx xxx xxxx):sp1},{200xxxxxx:ph},{290xxxxxx:aa}

Please note that the order in which you enter the configuration is important

With this I was successfully able to acheive what I was looking for.

:)

BJ

SIMPLE_desires

[1]
Will this 2 obi use function in ANY combination of obi_110 and Obi_202?

[2]
Can one use a real voip service provider like voip.ms or vitelity.com instead of GooVoice?

hwittenb

Quote from: SIMPLE_desires on May 17, 2013, 02:19:13 PM
[1]
Will this 2 obi use function in ANY combination of obi_110 and Obi_202?
Yes
[2]
Can one use a real voip service provider like voip.ms or vitelity.com instead of GooVoice?
Yes