News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obitalk #s: SIP SIMPLE capable? & what's SIP URI for those #

Started by SIMPLE_desires, May 08, 2013, 04:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SIMPLE_desires

Can I send/receive SIP SIMPLE messages via these numbers (or their respective SIP URIs?)

What is the SIP URI for an obitalk number?

Aside from being useful in call to softphones, and the upcoming support in DESKTOP sip hardware...

... one can receive/send legacy sms via one's voip service provider via SIP SIMPLE (like anveo.com and voip.ms and vitelity.com... others?)

giqcass

I'm not sure if the Obi uses standard sip.  If it does it should be able to accept a direct connection from a sip phone but I have tried direct inbound connections to my Obi with no luck.  The local Obi Sip Uri should be obxxxxxxxxx@your.ip.address:10000

replace xxxxxxxxx with your obi number replace your.ip.address with your public ip address  and 10000 can stay the same unless you changed the port manually.
Long live our new ObiLords!

SIMPLE_desires

Quote from: giqcass on May 10, 2013, 04:31:17 PM
I'm not sure if the Obi uses standard sip. 

What other sip is there than ver1 or ver2?  This isn't a kludge of a gizmo is it? :(

direct inbound connections to my Obi with no luck.  The local Obi Sip Uri should be obxxxxxxxxx@your.ip.address:10000

Oh, no, I don't want to try to route calls to the public IP address behind which sits the OBI.   I mean the number shown in Obitalk.com "My OBi Endpoints"