News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Defective Obi100? (SOLVED)

Started by cpreston10@cox.net, April 05, 2011, 08:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpreston10@cox.net

I have spent several hours trying to set the device up with my VoIPMyWay credentials.
When I try to add a device the voice announces the dialed number 3 times then falls back to dial tone after a while the howler begins.

The reason I think the device may be defective is that upon initial hook up per the "Quick Start Guide" I've never seen 3 solid green leds.  The aforementioned guide is less than informative.  For being such an easy set up it has been even more frustrating that my initial pap2t setup with magicJack.

Do I have a bum unit?

Curt

jimates

You can reset the unit using a paper clip in the designated hole in the bottom of the unit. Hold the button with the clip until the unit resets, aprox. 20 seconds.

After plugging in the unit and connecting your network and a phone, you should get a dial tone. Call **9 222 222 222 for an echo test to make sure the device is working.

cpreston10@cox.net

Thanks for the response.  However...

Yes the echo number works so I guess that means the unit is OK.
I've done a hard reset (many times) and plugged in the VoIPMyWay credentials that I've been using on my pap2t for months.  I used the SIP account wizard for this.  When I dial a number, I get a 407 error which says
"407 Proxy authentication required"  I thought that the info I provided was supposed to take care of that.

I believe there are folks here that are using VoIPMyWay as a service so I must be doing something wrong.  It's driving me nuts.

Assistance greatly appreciated.

Curt

RonR

Assuming have Google Voice on SP1/ITSPA (optional) and you are setting up VoIPMyWay on SP2/ITSPB, the following is a minimal configuration for VoIPMyWay:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> (All Defaults)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : (VoIPMyWay proxy server name)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (VoIPMyWay username)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (VoIPMyWay password)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP2 Service

obi-support2

It appears that your OBi unit does not have the correct AuthUserName or AuthPassword, so VoIPMyWay is rejecting its request to make a call.

Please provide some details on how you configure the unit: Is in on SP1 or SP2?
Where in the OBi configuration did you put in your VoipMyWay account userid and password.

You can also email support@obihai.com and provide your OBi number (printed on the back of the unit); then
we can look into your unit's configuration to see if we can figure out the problem.

Thank you.
OBIHAI Support Staff

cpreston10@cox.net

Thanks Jimates and Obi-Support2 :D

It was not registering on VoIPMyWay because while I had my credentials I wasn't reading them correctly--those 1s and ls can be very confusing.  It finally hit me while I was going through your abbreviated setup.  Assuming that setting Primary Line to SP2 means that when I call out, VoIPMyWay is handling the call?  If so that's what the problem was all along.

SP1 (GV) shows connected and SP2 (VoIPMyWay) shows registered in the status.

Thanks again

Curt