News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

missed call and voicemail to my phone???

Started by vick, May 24, 2013, 02:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vick

hi
i just hooked up my obi100 and iam not getting missed calls and voicemail to my phone but only on google voice online??? what do i need to do?

vick

this is only thing related i can find but it does not help..
GV Voicemail Notification & Missed Calls
When you enable Google Voice voicemail notification on your OBi, you should be sure to not check the "Place missed calls in the inbox" box. Otherwise, whenever there is a missed call, the phone attached to the OBi will signal (visual and stutter dial tone) an unheard voicemail. The Missed Calls setting can be found in the Google Voice Settings: Calls tab.

can anyone tell me if its even possible to get notification on phone of missed call and voicemail?

Rick

Quote from: vick on May 24, 2013, 02:41:06 PM
this is only thing related i can find but it does not help..
GV Voicemail Notification & Missed Calls
When you enable Google Voice voicemail notification on your OBi, you should be sure to not check the "Place missed calls in the inbox" box. Otherwise, whenever there is a missed call, the phone attached to the OBi will signal (visual and stutter dial tone) an unheard voicemail. The Missed Calls setting can be found in the Google Voice Settings: Calls tab.

can anyone tell me if its even possible to get notification on phone of missed call and voicemail?

Getting notifications of voicemail is part of the default setup.  It's indicated by the stutter tone and a visual indicator if your phone is so equipped.  Missed calls for me is provided by my phone, when it doesn't answer a call the display indicates a missed call. 

Assuming your OBi is setup with your phone (you can make, and receive calls), the fault MAY lie with your VoIP provider, at least for the voicemail indicator.  If it's GV (you didn't indicate), then it should work following the setup instructions. 

Leave yourself a voicemail and see what the indicator does. 

vick

Thank you for the reply

im not getting any visual indicator that i have voicemail on my phone.. i do have the stutter tone  but how do i check for voicemail? and my phone does not replay missed calls.. i can sent and receive calls fine..
and i have fios for internet does anyone else have same trouble as me?

Rick

Call your phone number from your house...

vick

acually im getting missed calls on my phone but only problem is my voicemail notification on my phone..other than the shutter tone, it does provide you with notification on your phone for the voicemail right? and how can i check my voicemail

Shale

Rick said "If it's GV (you didn't indicate), ...." Guess he suspects you are using Google Voice.

Now I think you are using British Telephone in England.... so I will ...  I forget... what were you saying?

Rick

The lack of information provided by the OP makes it impossible to help them.

How do you get your Voicemail?  The answer is - check with whoever your VoIP provider is, it has nothing to do with the OBi.

Why doesn't my phone show an indicator that I have a message?  The answer may be - because your phone doesn't have that capability.  Some don't.

vick

i tried 2nd phone that also takes voicemail and i have the anwser on and it says "we are sorry messages to this phone # can not be accepted"..

currently i have verizon landline and it takes voicemail fine with both 2  phones i use

vick

Quote from: Rick on May 26, 2013, 09:30:55 AM
The lack of information provided by the OP makes it impossible to help them.

How do you get your Voicemail?  The answer is - check with whoever your VoIP provider is, it has nothing to do with the OBi.

Why doesn't my phone show an indicator that I have a message?  The answer may be - because your phone doesn't have that capability.  Some don't.

checking with VoIP provider??????
FINALLY got voicemail to work, just had to change the announce only off!!
Simply anwser to my questions was YES YOU CAN GET VOICEMAIL AND MISSED CALLS ON YOUR PHONE !!