News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Best Compact Corded Phone For Traveling?

Started by JohnnyC, May 26, 2013, 03:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyC

I am looking for an ideal phone for traveling with my Obi.  Up to this point, I have used a bright yellow Sony IT-B3, which isn't necessarily a bad choice, but I think I can do better in terms of size and weight.

My ideal phone would be RJ11 based, lightweight, self powered, with a keypad and not take too much space in my suitcase.  Advanced features not necessary.  What do you use?

Once I sort out this final piece, my traveling kit will consist of my Obi, a 110-240v 12v 2a power adapter which powers both my Obi and also a wireless gaming bridge, (allows me to turn wireless back into an ethernet port) a power strip, and then the compact phone.  

All suggestions appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

hwittenb

It looks like you currently now have a "trimline" type of phone with a base.  There are other brands of that type.

It looks like there are some single piece (no base) phones on the market aimed at the hospital bed market.
http://www.scitecinc.com/products/healthcare/
Scitec Incorporated 21105
Scitec Incorporated 21195
http://www.med-pat.com/#
Med-Pat XL2050
Med-Pat Xl301

My first thought was, if you have wifi, to skip the OBi and just use an android phone with an application like CSipSimple.

LeoKing

I am using my OBi110's with the VTech CS6229 & CS6219. These are discontinued models now and the newer models CS6429/6419 & CS6629/6619 are just similar phones with some improvements added. I like these because the handsets are lightweight and not very large in size.

I used to travel with 1 of my OBi110's & the VTech CS6219-2 (with 2 handsets). But now I just use the Google Voice & Spare Phone apps on my Android phone and that's super convenient. At home, I use a Panasonic DECT 6.0 with Link 2 Cell feature to make and receive my cell calls & GV calls set up on the cell phone.