News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

configuring new Obi with Vitelity when you have two Vitelity numbers

Started by DrJohn, May 28, 2013, 02:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJohn

I have the Obi 202, and two vitelity numbers registered one account under two sub accounts.  (also 2 google numbers but I have gotten 1 to work)

I cannot get the Vitelity accounts to register (service not configured, no DID or dial out).  Since I have two Vitelity numbers on sub accounts it is not clear how to register them.

Hovering on the "i" in username says it will use the Vitelity number but the number, the main account and the sub account usernames don't work.  i.e. no permutations username/phone number/subaccount with PW allow dial in or out.  I have tried changing my proxy server from the Obi default to my Vitelity

Is there a way to tell it to use more than one proxy server port?  Not sure that is the problem though.

I have a different ATA device (Cisco PAP2T) behind a router and has worked fine with the Vitelity numbers so it does not appear to be the router configuration.  (I disconnect the PAP2T when I am trying to get the Obi to work)

Right now the OBI ATA is not plugged in as I don't want to risk losing my Vitelity VoIP connection on the PAP2T.

The Cisco PAP2t will be obsolete as of 5/31/2013 so even though it's working fine I wanted to have a replacement and thought the Obi would be great since I used Google Voice a lot anyway.

Any advice appreciated.