News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 Problem

Started by RamblinWreck, May 29, 2013, 06:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RamblinWreck

I have just returned from a long business trip and my wife said our Obi100 stopped working in early May.  All it does is blink green on the power LED.  It won't connect to the router via LAN and I cannot access it using a phone (completely dead air).  Doesn't seem connect to computer either via LAN.  Please advise on steps to take.  I've looked through the forums and a "reset" via the pin on the bottom does nothing.

CoalMinerRetired

RamblinWreck

Tried swapping LAN cables and tested their functionality.  Both are good for other devices.

CoalMinerRetired

If the cables are OK, I would focus on other points, because the blinking green still indicates no ip address from your router.

Have you looked at the other thing listed there: A link light on the router port where your OBi connects?

You can also:
Dial ***1 and hear what the voice prompt says in the current IP address? If you get the factory default it just confirms what the blinking green indicates.

Look in the router to see if it recognizes the Obi (via MAC ID/address), where does the router think the Obi is located on your network, and what does it think it's ip address?

RamblinWreck

There is no green light on the LAN cable plug-in.  Other devices get a green light using same cable.  I do not get a response from the Obi100 when I dial out on the connected phone.  I have tried another phone...no response.

dircom

sorry to ask the obvious, but have you power cycled the obi?

LeoKing

Quote from: dircom on May 30, 2013, 10:20:46 AM
sorry to ask the obvious, but have you power cycled the obi?

+1

I would do that 1st. I would power cycle the router also.

CoalMinerRetired

Quote from: RamblinWreck on May 30, 2013, 09:46:09 AM
There is no green light on the LAN cable plug-in.  Other devices get a green light using same cable.  I do not get a response from the Obi100 when I dial out on the connected phone.  I have tried another phone...no response.
No light on the router LAN port suggests the router is not correctly sensing the crossover vs. patch connection in the cable correctly,  i.e., try a different cable.

I'd also try the above suggestions to power cycle the Router and the Obi, after trying a different cable.