News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

**4 voicegateway + *97 (voip.MS voicemail) + box+pin: user digitmap help please

Started by mayge, May 29, 2013, 05:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayge

I followed this guide to setup all the voice gateways (using some voip.ms sub accounts for differing caller id)

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=526.0

I use **4 for one such voip.ms subaccount.  I have encountered no dialing problems until trying to access voicemail directly:

**4 *97

At

**4*

I receive a busy.. no opportunity to enter the 97

I am not dialstring savvy.  Need I modify the thread's "PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute:" or the "digit map" for the respective gateway or "User Defined DigitMap" or all of them?

PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute:
{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Mvg3)):vg3},{(<**4:>(Mvg4)):vg4},
{(<**6:>(Mvg6)):vg6},{(<**7:>(Mvg7)):vg7},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

VG4 digit map
(Mste)

User Defined DigitMap referenced in Voice Gateway3 and Voice Gateway4
Label : ste
DigitMap : (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1202>xxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

I tried prepending this to the user digitmap:
*xx|

It seems to work, but is this less than ideal?  Is there a 'better' way?

After *97 the announcement prompts "median mail... mailbox?"  and then "pin"

I would like to dial once *97 + box + pin

A box number can be 6 to 10 digits
a pin can be 1 to 10 digits

What digitmap need I use?  I plan to terminate with # to avoid obi timers

ianobi

QuoteI tried prepending this to the user digitmap:

Code:

*xx|

It seems to work, but is this less than ideal?  Is there a 'better' way?

This is a perfectly good way of doing it. One thing to be aware of is that the OBi uses "Star Codes" of its own. For example if you dial *96, then the OBi will swallow the digits as it is one of its own Star Codes. As it happens *97 is not an OBi Star Code, so there is no conflict.

Quote#2
After *97 the announcement prompts "median mail... mailbox?"  and then "pin"

In theory you can construct a digit map to do that, but there is a problem. There is no practical way to program a pause into the number. (Search forum for "pause" for further info".) If the mail box number is terminated by say a # and pauses are not a problem, then post back and we will have another go!

mayge

Quote from: ianobi on May 30, 2013, 05:10:12 AM
*xx|

This is a perfectly good way of doing it.

I have since added

*9x|**275*x.

the latter for SIPBroker from voip.ms

ITSP A, general

(*75xx|*9x|**275*x.|**x.|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1202>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>800xxxxxxx|<1>8[5-8][5-8]xxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

8[5-8][5-8] seemed like a good idea knowing it would catch other than TF until I can find the RonR bookmark for the format of including 00|55|66|77|88

Quote#2
After *97 the announcement prompts "median mail... mailbox?"  and then "pin"

If the mail box number is terminated by say a # and pauses are not a problem, then post back and we will have another go!

It works either way:  box, or box#   ;  pin, or pin# -- so long as the # is quickly (immediately) after the digits.

OT, needs separate topic
* when obi110_1 is ObiTalk expert managed, and digit map contains "*9x", dialing *98 plays a steady tone several octaves above dial tone.  somehow it now requires **1*98   (sp2 not configured)

ianobi

I'll have a go at various questions here   :)

In your Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap

Replace this:
|<1>800xxxxxxx|<1>8[5-8][5-8]xxxxxxx|

With this:
|<1>8(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx|

Yes, it probably came from RonR originally!

QuoteIt works either way:  box, or box#   ;  pin, or pin# -- so long as the # is quickly (immediately) after the digits.

You could try setting a speed dial like this: sp1(*97box#pin#)

Using this format *97box#pin# will be sent directly to sp1 without being processed by any digitmap. However, I suspect this may fail due to the lack of pauses, which OBi cannot insert.

*98 is an OBi Star Code for Blind Transfer. The tone is asking for a number. You can disable it by deleting Code 28 in Star Profile A. If you do not want to use any OBi Star Codes then change this:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > Calling Features > StarCodeProfile: None

When set to "none" any *xx dialled from the phone port will be routed as configured in your digitmaps.