News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Occasional Missing Dial-Tones

Started by Jenn, February 26, 2013, 12:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenn

After a firmware update to version 3.0.1 (Build: 3722), I've noticed occasional missing dial tones. (I am using the Obi202 version 1.3.)

Sometimes, when I pick up the phone there is no dial-tone. The dial-tone does usually come back after a short wait but it does tend to sporadically disappear again.

I still experience this after a reboot and power cycle.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

LeoKing

Yep, the strange thing is I have 2 OBi110's with the same hardware version but only 1 had the similar problem as yours after updating both to the latest firmware OBi-1-3-0-2774.fw. One kept losing the dial tone after running for a few days and I had to delete it from the OBi Dashboard then re-added it to make it work normal again. The other one does not have this problem with the latest firmware. I had to flash the older firmware 2765 back to the one that didn't like the latest firmware and it has not lost the dial tone since.

Jenn

After today, I can confirm that the missing dial-tone bug still exist in the not-yet released firmware version 3.0.1 (Build: 3741).

Firmware 3.0.1 (Build: 3741) does experience the missing dial-tone issue much less frequently than Firmware 3.0.1 (Build: 3722).

JasonInSF

I have an Obi202.  I'm having no dialtone & no access to router's webpage.  The power light is solid green, the green internet LED is flashing, and I have a solid green light on both phone lines.  I'm having to unplug my Obi202 device to get it working again. It will work fine for about an hour or two, then suddenly there will be no dial tone on both phone lines. I enabled DMZ in the router's home page, per self-help troubleshooting, but I'm still having this problem. Advice, anyone?