News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need help using GV call Obi110 in Taiwan and use AA to route PSTN call in TW

Started by tkuo, June 03, 2013, 10:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkuo

Hello, sorry for my English. But I couldn't set it up obi110 completely and need help.
I setup Obi110 with GV successfully and was able to call from other GV to the Obi110 phone. So GV - GV calls are OK. I then connected the PSTN line to the Obi110.
Next I was able to set up Obi110 and get AA response.
But I cannot get AA 2# to use Obi110 route a local call number to Taipei landline phone.
Please let me know what I did wrong:

After I GV call Obi110, I got AA response. I choose 2# and then passcode#. Then AA ask for the ph number.
I want to call Taipei number 2222-9999#. But after I input these ph number, I got no ring tone at that phone (it did not ring).
Please let me know what needs to be setup.
BTW, in Taipei landline, you don't need to dial 1 first like in the US.

ianobi

tkuo – welcome to the forum.

Your problem is most likely concerned with Primary Lines. These are the lines that you can dial with no ** codes. The default setting for the OBi110 is:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine: PSTN Line
Voice Service > Auto Attendant > PrimaryLine: PSTN Line

When you set up GV, you probably chose for it to be your Primary Line. Assuming that you set up GV on sp1, this will have changed your settings to:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine: SP1 Service
Voice Service > Auto Attendant > PrimaryLine: SP1 Service

When AA asks for the phone number, try dialling **82222-9999# This should route the calls to the PSTN Line.

If you would like to have GV as your Primary Line for your Phone Port and PSTN as your Primary Line for the AA, then you need to set:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine: SP1 Service
Voice Service > Auto Attendant > PrimaryLine: PSTN Line

In this case you will not need to dial **8 when using AA for PSTN calls. However, If you dial from the Phone Port to the PSTN line, then you will need to dial **8.

I hope that's not too confusing!

Make the changes via the OBi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the OBi to reboot.

tkuo

Thanks a lot, the "**8 + the phone number + #" solved the issue. Now the system work perfectly with your Method#1. We have a large communities that would benefit from this method. I will post it to my FB so more people can take the advantage of OBI products.