News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Direct IP calls to OBI100

Started by grammymidge, June 01, 2013, 12:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grammymidge

I use my OBI100 for my Callcentric VOIP service. We keep getting calls at all hours that do not pass through the Callcentric server. These are annoying and I would like to block them, but I can't block through Callcentric because they don't go through their server. What settings in the OBI100 will enable me to set up this block???

Smee

This topic has been discussed ad nauseam many times before...  ;D  You are experiencing the dreaded sip scanners.  Read here: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4067.0 and http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5467.msg35387#msg35387.  There are other topics about the same elsewhere here.

Take care..

Smee

grammymidge

Smee, Thanks for the reply. I didn't know what these types of calls were referred to. All I had was the phrase "direct ip calls". Sorry for asking about something already covered.

I do want to thank you for the links to the messages that did deal with these types of calls. I followed the directions and believe that it is set up right. At least I know I haven't blocked any valid calls with tests using my cell phone. :) Have a great day and thank you for your help.

Smee

grammymidge,

Your welcome and glad it helped.  These forums are peppered with all kinds of useful information.  So much so in fact, that it is actually good to read as far back as you can to get to the interesting stuff.  I don't know if a topic related to this has been stickied, but if it hasn't perhaps a moderator could since it asked so often.

Smee

QBZappy

Smee,

Quote from: Smee on June 02, 2013, 06:54:28 PM
So much so in fact, that it is actually good to read as far back as you can to get to the interesting stuff. 

Those were the pioneering days. The heydays of the early adopters. Where someone would plunk down close to $100 on a unkown ATA and hope for the best. The product was so new that Sherman was actually handling tech calls helping me. I suppose he wasn't very busy back then. I miss not seeing the war of words between MichiganTelephone and RonR, although it was one sided as RonR never replied. There was quite a bit of drama back then. Lest we forget the most infamous day of all in obhai history. The day that Obihai pushed their firmware on an unknowing public. The problem with that is that it freaked out all the early adopters who are generally tech-savvy and who didn't think that it was possible thinking that it was prevented. I remember following in real time as RonR would single handily field questions and troubleshoot issues.  Whatever happened to jimates, PC44, Ad_Hominem, infin8loop and Stewart (and others). Heck I even miss not seeing the occasional post from obihai themselves, obisupport, OBi-Guru, ShermanObi.

Yes Smee, I agree with you. Look back, sometimes way back, for some interesting gems of advice. At the moment a few key contributors make it interesting enough to maintain an interest in this forum. Over the last couple of years many topics have been covered in this forum that run the gamut from networking to pizza making (I kid you not on the last one). For those of you who are new to the forum, my advice is to search the topics on the forum. Either use the search feature on the top level of the forum headings, or better yet use google itself to search this forum. Google ex: 'site: obitalk.com/forum/ + your topic'

Enjoy.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Rick

Agree.  This forum doesn't have the life it once had, and OBi is invisible. 

ianobi

I even remember a time, seems like years ago, when QBZappy offered to buy the beer   :D

Smee

Quote from: ianobi on June 03, 2013, 08:35:32 AM
I even remember a time, seems like years ago, when QBZappy offered to buy the beer   :D

Wow, I certainly missed some fun stuff by not jumping on board sooner.  :D

Smee

Ostracus

Quote from: Rick on June 03, 2013, 03:06:58 AM
Agree.  This forum doesn't have the life it once had, and OBi is invisible. 

Well as the saying goes. "pioneers get the arrows, settlers get the land".  :)