News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New to Obi, Need help in moving between locations

Started by nodare, May 29, 2013, 01:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nodare

I got an Obi110 for my mother to use at home and when she vacations.
Home set up is fine, but when I tried it at a new location it would not recognize the device

on wired network(apple airport extreme)
echo worked
called to register device and it did not recognize

?
Where is there online help
How can I phrase the question for resources
Is there a procedure for using one Obi unit , with GoogleVoice (one account), phsically transporting the Obi to new locations/networks

thanks

Nodare

dircom

I frequently travel with one of my obi's.  To "make it work" I plug the obi into a router, power, plug a phone in, and it starts working.

once you have registered the obi, you can move it around and it should work whenever you plug it in to a new router

EDIT->  I have not used my obi at a hotel yet... that presents other problems described in the next post

when you say "it would not recognize the device"  what do you mean?

Rick

Just an observation.  When I travel, often hotel and other networks require me to open a webpage to "connect" to that network before the connection works.  So I can enable wifi on a device yet get no connection until I open the browser and go through their prompts to get the connection enabled.  I suspect you're having the same issue.

As noted by dircom, you do NOT want to register the device again, but you do have to get the router working FIRST.  If you get a PC connected to the router working, the OBi SHOULD then work fine.

nodare

MY OBI 110 WORKS AT HOME nowhere else
When I go to another network it goes to register the site just like when it was new but with the other networks set up

doesn't recognize prior endpoints when connected
won't let me enter a new recognition code

retrn to original network and it works as before

??

Richard

azrobert

Did you setup your OBi110 with a static IP address?